Tuesday, September 8, 2026

The Culprit

This is the limb that fell on the bridge that took down the electric line that gives Val all the amenities of modern life. It doesn't look like a big limb. But its dive was powerful enough to leave Val powerless for 13 hours and 20 minutes.


This was on the way home from town Sunday. With $79.40 of groceries to replace those I had to throw out. That's actually just a limb off a big tree. I saw where the branch had twisted off as I came from the other side on the way to town. It's not visible, but was around the upper right corner area of the picture.


I don't sense that the tree-trimming crew did much trimming. Looks like they just shoved the whole thing off the bridge into the creek. The other side only had an itty bitty limb.


Hick said he could see where they patched the electric line. I couldn't even see where the actual line was running across the creek. All I know is I'm happy to have my power back! I don't need to know how the sausage is made...

No comments:

Post a Comment