Saturday, December 11, 2021

Christmas Is Coming, the Goose Is Getting Fat. Won't You Please Put a PENNY in Val's Ice Cream Dish Goblet?

Okay, so it doesn't quite have the same rhyme to it! I tried to make my title relevant!
 
TUESDAY, December 7, I went in Country Mart for bananas and Hick's Diet Mountain Dew. Of course I had to patronize the lottery machine! As I turned to leave, something caught my eye: 

 
At first I thought it was just a dried-out blob of gum. But I realized that Country Mart takes better care of their floors than that. Sure, they may try to slip expired foodstuffs by you, but they are good floor-polishers. When I looked closer, I saw that it was...

 
A 2006 DIME! Okay. The 2006 part I didn't know until some rubbing with a dish scrubber at home. And I can't declare whether it was heads-up or face down. But it was definitely a DIME!
________________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, December 10, found me BACK at Country Mart. We are banana-eating fools around here! They don't keep for long. Of course I had some other groceries to grab as well, necessitating stowage in T-Hoe's rear. When I turned to wheel my cart/walker back to the sidewalk, I found a special gift that had been under a car when I started unloading.

 
Yes, we'd had some rain. This penny was almost sparkling under the overcast sky.

 
It was a heads-up 1998 penny. That's a Pony-year penny to me! I had to shake the water off Abe's face before dropping him into my shirt pocket. I turned to continue pushing the cart back to the store, and stopped in my soggy tracks!

 
There was ANOTHER penny that I had just rolled over with my cart/walker. I don't know how I missed it on the way to T-Hoe's rear. Right there on the black-and-white border.

 
This was a 1974 Abe, also heads-up, but shrouded in a water bubble. At least they were cleaner than that dime!
_________________________________________________________________

That's 3 COINS this week, for 12 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
________________________________________________________

2021 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 118, 119.
Dime         # 13.
Nickel       still at 7.
Quarter    still at 6.

2020 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        25
Nickel      10
Quarter      1
________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. I have a little piggy bank that I keep my odd pennies but hadn't thought of looking for them as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not like I go out every day with a pith helmet and a butterfly net, trying to stalk the elusive penny! But I DO keep my eye out for them while picking up my daily 44 oz Diet Coke, and running errands.

      You might be surprised how many you see if you're actively paying attention to the ground.

      Delete
  2. I thought that dime was a very dirty penny. Yay, dime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're such an eternal optimist, thinking it was a PENNY! I thought it was USED GUM.

      Delete