Saturday, January 25, 2020

Val Plays Fast and Loose With the Ha'PENNY

MONDAY, January 20, a soon-to-be member of Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune appeared under the counter at Orb K. I was getting anxious with my path to it blocked by a fellow customer.


In better news, the energy supplements were fully stocked, and the sweeping seemed to be up-to-date. My heart skipped a beat when that customer bent down to pick up her parcels. Her head was right over that penny! I know she saw it. Perhaps she was too proud to pick it up. Perhaps she didn't have a spare hand.


Anyhoo...I was able to capture this face-down 2003 beauty for my collection. Yay, ME! It was the only one this week.

By my calculations, I will need to find just over 2.5 pennies per week to beat last year's total. So...at 3.5 weeks into 2020, I should have accrued  8.75 pennies so far. I'm ON SCHEDULE! Technically, if you don't count the decimal...
__________________________________________________________________

2020 Running Total
Penny     # 8.
Dime       still at 1.
Nickle     0
Quarter  0

2019 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        20
Nickel        8
Quarter      5
__________________________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. A real "hold your breath" moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was tapping my toe, WILLING her not to notice it!

      Delete
  2. Perhaps you could have pushed her? No, that would be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. It might have been like a football fumble, the two of us flopping around trying to gain possession. If she hadn't blocked me with her water and snacks, I could have invaded her space to chat, and pulled out that penny with my toe, keeping it safely underfoot until she left.

      Delete
  3. When it comes to penny collecting, or any other type of money, I'd rather be ahead than on schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know me, such a Pollyanna, rejoicing when the glass is half-full, a cockeyed optimist who always sees the silver lining...NOT! I'll take what I can get.

      Delete
  4. The suspense must have almost killed you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took every ounce of self-control to stop myself from giving her a little push out of the way, to grab my rightful penny. Of course I would have said, "Excuse me."

      Delete