Wednesday, January 29, 2020

The Pony, the Glitch, and the Bedclothes

The Pony has a situation. He sent me a text last Thursday, at 11:05 p.m.

"So, I'm sleeping on the couch tonight."

"Why?"

"Bed's haunted. Distinctly saw a person shaped fuzzy blob just laying in the middle of it, not by the blankets. Gone with the lights on, there with the lights off. Not dealing with that. Ghost wants the bed, they can have it for now."

"Maybe you shall heed my advice in the future!"

That was a pointed reference to his evening of Ouija fun before Christmas. Kids these days. Can't tell them anything. They have to figure it out for themselves.

I don't know what's going on out there in Oklahoma, but I have had similar experiences here in the past, without the use of an Ouija board. Must be a glitch in the matrix. Maybe some kind of electrical disturbance that alters our brainwaves, making us see things that might or might not be there. Or another dimension drawing on electrical energy to manifest, since here it seems to happen in rooms where the lights go wonky from time to time.

Don't worry about The Pony. He's fine. Sent me a picture of his lunch Tuesday, a flatbread pizza that he picked the artichoke hearts and olive bits off. He ate the pesto, chicken, sun dried tomato, spinach, and feta cheese. But he thought the olive chunks should have been smaller than the chicken chunks. Also didn't like the texture of the artichoke hearts.


I, too, had pizza for lunch Tuesday. I'd already taken a picture, to send it to The Pony.


He and I seem to be on the same wavelength. Though he has access to better pizza.

14 comments:

  1. Ouija? Did he not even see "The Exorcist?" That is just asking for weird stuff.

    Those pizza pies also look haunted! Go ahead and make fun of our dirty water cocktails, but we have real pizza, all lovingly tossed and sauced by someone named Mario, Vinny or Sal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I did not see The Exorcist! Read the book, refused to see the movie.

      Now that I look at them, our pizzas look like Goldilocks rejects. The Pony's has too much stuff, mine too little. One by Mario, Vinny, or Sal would be JUST RIGHT.

      Delete
    2. I read the book and saw the movie. Enjoyed both, but prefer the book.

      Delete
  2. My pizzas all come from either Sam or Dijornio. But I fix 'em, yes, I do. Massive amounts of pepperoni, peppers, moz, and oregano. Oh, god, I'm getting hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't had a rising crust pizza in a while. They don't fit in FRIG II's freezer very well. We'd have to eat it the day I buy it. I usually just add onions. Sometimes green pepper and mushrooms.

      Delete
  3. I beg to differ. how is a pizza better with artichoke hearts and olives bigger than chicken pieces? Also I don't much like fetta cheese. Your pizza looks much better to me. not the same as I'd have here, but better than The Pony's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pizza is Imo's. Not for everyone. One of my teaching colleagues compared it to "Velveeta on a cracker." She was not a fan. It's very thin crust, and provel cheese, which was made just for Imo's. This one was a sausage pizza. It was a little bit overdone.

      Delete
  4. joeh; I need pictures of your wonderful pizzas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe he can get us a picture, if he doesn't forget his phone...

      Delete
  5. Give me Imo's any day over that healthy stuff. boy has a visitor? Do you think he/she left the backwoods?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like the Imo's in Festus. Used to go there a lot when we were building our house, after shopping at the Hood's Discount Center for tile and cabinets and sinks and lumber.

      The Pony has had weird music and static and voices interrupt his electronic gadgets, and his mini blinds open/close overnight, even before the Ouija experience. So maybe he took something with him to college. More likely, he's one of those people who are sensitive to their energy.

      Delete
  6. Ghosts follow me but they are friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never felt like the ones around our house are threatening. Just startling. I don't feel like it's anyone we know. There doesn't seem to be a message. Just coexisting in the same space.

      Delete