Saturday, April 6, 2019

Not a CENTSational Week for a Future Pennyillionaire

Slow start this week. I stopped by Casey's over in Sis Town on WEDNESDAY, April 3, for some scratchers (won $10), and on the way inside, found my first penny of the week.


It was a 1995 heads-up specimen, waiting there just for me.


I snatched it up forthwith.
____________________________________________________________________

The very next day, THURSDAY, April 4, I came upon my second penny at the Backroads Casey's.


See it? There under the pink Orbit gum? I was rushed, having to interact with a somewhat surly clerk scanning my scratcher winners. For naught. I won nothing on the ones I traded for. Can't win if you don't play, though!


At least I got my face-down 2012 penny!
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny   # 50, 51.
Dime    still at 7.
Nickel  still at 5.
Quarter  still at 1.

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
___________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. U have little games with myself now to see how fast I can spot the near invisible pennies. Some days are easier than others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I know where they are, but can hardly see them in the picture. So I give a hint.

      Delete
  2. Cool! And it is only early April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! I'm still on track to reach last year's totals, or exceed them. Good thing I had that really good week last month!

      https://unbaggingthecats.blogspot.com/2019/03/val-hastens-her-ascent-to.html

      Delete
  3. So, I was waiting for my flight in the Minneapolis airport. It is a really busy airport, you know. I was sitting in a chair along a major walkway and was facing these new tables with internet connections and a monitor with menus where one could order food and they would bring it to your table from one of the many restaurants in the airport. I spied a penny almost directly in front of me and slightly under a table occupied by what looked like several business men enjoying drinks of the alcohol variety. I really wanted to get that penny for you. But the foot traffic between me and the table was steady. In my minds eye, I pictured myself propelling face first under the table and tangling with the suited legs of the men. To get a penny. For you. I had a nice chuckle sitting there waiting for my flight, imagining the men's legs all tangled up with my upper torso and arms. Sorry, I did not get that penny for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only did you not get me that penny, you sent me into a coughing fit at the thought of you under the table in a jungle of tipsy men's suited legs!

      Delete