Thursday, April 4, 2019

Hick House Downstairs: Kitchen 04-02-19

Here are the current updates to the kitchen of Hick House.


The trim has been painted, and seating for the table has been set in place. They're not going to be fastened down. Hick has a table that goes with it. He figured it was a good size for HOS, his wife, and little HOSS (Hick's Oldest Son's Son) and the baby.

The light was given to Hick by our back-creek neighbor Bev. Hick said he has an even better light for the living room, which he got for $6 at the Goodwill in Gambling Town when he visited This Guy in the hospital. I'd have to agree with Hick about that living room light.


The stove/refrigerator wall now has its tin paneling in place, with painted trim.


And the built-in cabinets are painted now, with tin paneling on the wall.


I think I'd have put that piece where the refrigerator is going to sit in front of it, but Hick said that HOS likes that look. The ex-mayor my sister's husband dropped in, and he, too, said the likes that rustic (rusty) look. I'm not sold on it. I think I'd sand it down and spray some metallic paint on it, but then, I'm not the one who'll be living there.

HOS plans to keep the flooring. Tomorrow, I'll show you what he's done to the bathroom floor.

6 comments:

  1. Looking much better than a $5000 house! I'd sure like to hear that ownership has officially been deeded to Hick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a good investment. Hick is still not worried about that deed. This Guy's Wife is on Facebook now, on the road to recovery in hip rehab. So Hick might pursue his rightful owner title eventually.

      Delete
  2. I don't like the rusty panel either, it doesn't fit with the clean look of all the others. I do love the light fittings though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a little sanding and spray paint would make that metal pop!

      Delete
  3. I know that rustic is in, but I think I would be itching to paint something rusty. But, I itch to paint everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be way easier than painting the ceiling was. Just some sanding and some spray. Nobody asked me, though.

      Delete