Saturday, April 13, 2019

It's No COINcidence That Val Gathered More Pennyillionaire Funds This Week

Val's Future Pennyillionaire train keeps chugging on down the track. TOOT TOOT! Don't be laying any pennies on the track, you wannabee ruffians. That's dangerous.

On MONDAY, April 8, I found a two-fer at the Backroads Casey's. Two pennies for one sighting! Can't beat that with a stick!


Looking at that candy rack makes me want some of that Juicy Fruit gum! There by the empty space, in the yellow bag. I've never seen it in those little squares like Chiclets. Only in the yellow pack, each stick individually wrapped in foil.


It was a heads-up 2007, and a face-down 1984.
________________________________________________________________

On THURSDAY, April 11, my schedule was thrown off by a trip to the city to cash in my $1000 scratcher winner. It was after 4:00 when I got to town for my 44 oz Diet Coke. I'd thought about not getting one so late, but Val is a creature of habit, and loves her magical elixir. The minute I stepped out of T-Hoe, I knew I was meant to be there at that place and time.


I parked over by the moat that divides the parking lot of The Gas Station Chicken Store and the parking lot of Hick's pharmacy. Had I parked a few inches farther back, or to the left, I would not have been able to find the nickel rightfully meant for me. I doubt it was there during my usual noon-time Diet Coke run.


It was a 2013 nickel, heads-up. Hard to tell the date, because the rough blacktop had gouged out part of the date. Poor Thomas Jefferson had a big scar across his head, too. I imagine he'd been run over and flipped face-up before I found him.
_________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, April 12, I discovered a penny waiting for me in the Sis-Town Casey's, when I went in to pay for gas. Don't tell me to pay at the pump! There's been a rash of credit card fraud around here, from those scammer thingies put on Walmart self-checkouts, gas pumps, and bank ATMs.


So conveniently located, right by the register, easy to photograph and pick up while the clerk was getting my scratchers. No big winner this time. Just $5.


This was a face-down 2014. Nice and shiny.

If I could find 8 cents every week, I'd be $4.16 closer to being a Pennyillionaire by the end of the year! I figure we're 15 weeks into 2019 right now, and I should be at $1.20 to be on pace. I'm ahead of schedule, with $1.79. Future Pennyillionaire, here I come!
__________________________________________________________________

2019 Running Total
Penny   # 52, 53, 54.
Dime    still at 7.
Nickel   # 6.
Quarter  still at 1.

2018 TOTALS
Penny  131
Dime  17
Nickel  6
Quarter  1

2017 TOTALS (Started in March, 2017)
Penny  78
Dime   6
Nickel  0
Quarter  0
___________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm a giver like that. A giver of smiles. Keep your hands off my pennies! They're not for giving.

      Delete
  2. Gum chewing isn't a big thing out here, I rarely see school kids chewing and adults even less often. I still remember the sweetness of juicy fruit though, when I was a child my parents would have me chew it in the car in hopes of staving off a car sickness episode. It didn't work, but did help with removing the sick taste after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juicy Fruit was my favorite. A close second was Teaberry Gum that my mom always had in her purse. When I was teaching, gun to the students was like cigarettes to prison inmates.

      Delete
  3. I love this. My friend Sluggy and I also have a running game of finding change. Her husband says we will both be killed in a drive through looking for spare change. I found a penny at Home depot yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on that penny! I always have one eye on the ground, looking for change.

      Delete