Thursday, October 24, 2024

Val's New Full-Time Job

Complaining about the plethora of local rumpushole parkers has become a full-time job for Val! She is the self-appointed Commander of the Illegal Parking Police. Oh, how I wish I could collect fines from these rumpusholes! I convict them in the Court of Blogosphere Opinion. Otherwise I might be collecting a bellyful of lead. People are crazy these days!

Sunday, I was halfway to T-Hoe as I came out of 10Box pushing a cart with my groceries, and my precious scratchers stuffed in my purse. I heard a motorcycle revving its engine. It was behind T-Hoe! Not waiting on me to back out. Waiting for me to cross the wide, white-striped area designated for the cart return. It's between two handicap parking spaces, in front of the garage door that opens to their inside cart corral. A sign on the post there says NO PARKING ANY TIME. 

Apparently, Heck's Angel thought that sign was meant for everyone but him. When I got across that area to load my groceries, he pulled in and parked there! Just sat on his cycle, listening to loud music. To me, that is kind of suspicious. Surely there are other places to park a motorcycle to sit and listen to loud music.

I kept my eye on that guy as I pushed my cart up to the garage door, and got in T-Hoe to write down my receipt total in my checkbook register. Heck's Angel was looking at me in his side mirror, or I would have taken his picture for evidence! Val might be mouthy (or fingery) when complaining on her blog, but she does not provoke a Heck's Angel in person.

Right before I started up T-Hoe to leave, a gal came out of the store. I did not notice if she was carrying a bag. She climbed onto the motorcycle behind Heck's Angel, and strapped on a bright green half-helmet. This gal had not gone inside while I was observing Heck's angel. She was not wearing a "uniform" t-shirt like the employees. I don't know where she came from, why she was getting picked up there by Heck's Angel, or why she couldn't walk to a regular parking space where he SHOULD have been waiting.

It's a full-time job, I tell you!

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I have a similar occupation here. It takes a lot to try to figure out why these people think the handicap parking is theirs to use. Never mind there is a purpose for these spaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like they think the blue-and-white wheelchair stencil, or the stripes, are there to hold that space open until they arrive!

      Delete