Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Travels With My Placard: The Repeating Offender

The Gas Station Chicken Store seems to be a vortex that sucks in people who are totally ignorant of the purpose of a blue-and-white wheelchair stencil painted on a parking space. Or maybe it just sucks in the totally ignorant...

Saturday, it was that beverage-swilling elderly lady who took my rightful handicap parking space. Sunday and Monday, it was a REPEATING OFFENDER!

I know I've mentioned this guy before, but I don't seem to have any pictures of his vehicle. He's 40-something good ol' boy whom I've often encountered inside the store, joking around with my favorite cashier, as good ol' boys are wont to do. It was only within the past couple months that I realized HE was the one who keeps parking in my rightful handicap space between 3:30-4:00. A discovery made when he passed me as I was walking back to T-Hoe.

 

This was on Sunday. I parked in the FREE AIR space, and waited for him to leave. If you look closely through the back windshield, you can see RePete walking across the front of his truck. No need to strain your eyes, though, because at the end, I'll show you a closeup. 

Here is the same guy parked there again on Monday! At first you might think it's just a second picture of the same day. But no. Different sky. Different cars. Different shadow on the building from his truck.


RePete was already sitting in his truck this day. I came from the front, so I know he saw my swinging placard as I drove past him to make a U-turn in the alley and drive down to park behind him. He took his own sweet time before leaving. Probably to punish me, heh, heh, for daring to have a legal handicap placard and want that space!

This guy knows what he's doing is wrong. When he walked around to get into his truck on Sunday, he could see me waiting there, placard dangling in plain view. Yet he still parked there on Monday.

Here he is, for your virtual-rotten-tomato-throwing pleasure. 


Ladies and gentlemen, I present RePete. Doesn't he look exactly like the kind of person you would expect to park illegally in a handicap space?

4 comments:

  1. He does look like one of those "I'll park anywhere I want and you can't stop me" types. But I won't be throwing rotten tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere to recruit my virtual rotten-tomato-throwers! It's not like he only did this once, and learned his lesson by seeing me and my placard waiting.

      Delete
  2. He does look like the kind to park illegally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He could be the poster-person for Illegal Handicap Parkers!

      Delete