Sunday, October 20, 2024

A Stripe-Challenged Rumpushole Needs To Be Taught a Lesson

Nothing gets Val's granny panties in a twist faster than a rumpushole usurping a handicap parking space, or the space around it. Like parking over the line, or ON THE ENTIRE STRIPED WALKWAY.

Thursday's blood-pressure-rocketing discovery was at the Sis-Town Casey's. It was not even a case for Travels With My Placard, because I was not intending to use my placard for parking in a handicap space. I was there for T-Hoe's weekly gas. I park at the pumps, and walk inside to pay, since you can't pump without paying, and I'm not going to use my debit card because card skimmers were found on their pumps before. 

I park at Pump 4 or Pump 3, because that gives me the most direct line to the sidewalk's handicap ramp. I can't go up and down on a curb unless I have something to hold onto, like T-Hoe's side, or The Pony's shoulder. Nobody wants to try and scoop up a broken Val from the pavement.

Look what obstacle I discovered:


I got a picture for evidence, once I returned from my harrowing trip inside to pay. That car is parked entirely on the striped walkway that leads to the gentle incline of the sidewalk ramp. When I arrived, there were no cars parked on either side. Nor down to the left by the doors. It's not a busy time. I get there before the local high school lets out. I can't imagine that every other parking space was taken when this rumpushole parked on the stripes.

You can see that there is precious little ramp space available for Val to get onto the sidewalk. 


I actually had to take a little step up. I WANTED to put my hand on the little car, and give it a bounce as I stepped up. After all, I have to lean on T-Hoe when I go up and down from curbs.

There was an early-twenty-something gal sitting behind the wheel, talking on her cell phone. As if she couldn't have parked off to the side, over by the air hose and water spigot, to talk on her phone. The whole time I was there (and you know that Val is not quick in her traipsing in and out of convenience stores), she did not go into the store, nor have a passenger come out.

I think young rumpushole needs to learn about STRIPES! They do not designate a special parking area for people to park and chat on their phone. I suggest starting with stripes of the black-on-white variety, in a prison, breaking rocks in the hot sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment