Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Hick Takes a Noggin-Knockin' and Keeps on Hawkin'

Hick has been preparing his next Storage Unit Store for business. He's got the electricity in, and the flooring, and insulation, and is arranging his goods to show them off. The SUS2.5 is next to the SUS2. It's in a unit that is 10 feet longer than the SUS2. You can be sure that Hick will pack every square foot of the SUS2.5 with his wares.

Monday was a day off for Hick's paid helper, Old Buddy, because Hick had an eye doctor appointment. Afterward, he went to work on the SUS2.5 until time for lunch at the Senior Center:

Beefy Mac Casserole
Parm Peas
Salad
Roll
Lemon Cake OR Fruit

Hick reported that it was actually pretty good, although the cheese on the peas was cold. He worked some more in his SUS2.5 after that, until time to go to the auction. He got home after 8:30.

"See my knot?" Hick said, holding up his right arm, showing a quarter-sized lump on his inner forearm. "And the knot on my head?" 

Heh, heh! Don't get me started on Hick being a knothead!

"What happened to you?"

"I was on a ladder, hanging my fishing stuff. When I came down, I missed the bottom rung of the ladder. I thought I was stepping onto the floor, but there was still another rung. As I was falling, I grabbed the ladder. It turned over, but not on top of me. My drill was on top of the ladder. I think that's what hit me on the head. I turned over the deer feeder that I had there. I might have hit my arm on it. I knocked my hat off! And by butt's sore!"

Hick really needs to make better decisions. One reason he has a paid helper is so he doesn't have to climb on ladders.

2 comments:

  1. He is lucky his injuries were not worse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Hick also had a bruise on his hip this morning. I guess it didn't hurt as much as the arm and the head right after he fell.

      Delete