Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Confusing the Detail-Oriented Pony

You can't survive a USPS job without paying attention to detail. The Pony is no exception. He was befuddled on Sunday, when setting out the buns for our grilled bratwursts.

"Wait! Are these the right buns? They say BURGER buns!"


"What? I bought three packs of hot dog buns. What do you mean, BURGER?"

"Look! At the wording on the package! They look like hot dog buns, but it clearly says BURGER! On all three of the packages!"

"Huh. I never noticed that. I just looked at the shape of the buns."

What in the Not-Heaven? I suppose all of this company's bun packages say BURGER. It's not a store brand, because I've seen it in Save A Lot (where I bought these), Country Mart, and 10Box. I guess it's just a lesser brand. Maybe regional. Lewis Bake Shop.


Anyhoo... the buns are just fine to eat with bratwursts. Even though they are purportedly BURGER buns.

10 comments:

  1. That is strange. Maybe they ran out of correct bag. Or, maybe the company or workers don't pay attention to detail and just bagged up the buns in any old bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe they classify hot dogs as "burgers!" Wasn't that a controversy a little while back? Or maybe they tried to call hot dogs a sandwich. I don't remember.

      Delete
    2. Yes, there was talk of what was a sandwich.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, maybe not actually considering them "burgers," but sandwiches.

      Delete
  2. When I was a youngster, burgers were served on slices of white bread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they still do that somewhere. Maybe a restaurant on the east coast, where they make the steamed burgers in little square pans. I saw it on the Food Network.

      Delete
  3. Someone in packaging messed up. At least they were what you were needing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing I only look at the product, and the expiration date! Or I might not have bought my "hot dog" buns!

      Delete
  4. I'm guessing they just got packaged in the wrong bags, either by mistake or the packaging plant ran out of hot dog bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now every time I walk by the bread section in Save A Lot, I'm going to look at the hot dog bun packaging! To see if it's an ongoing thing. Maybe that's how they SAVE A LOT, by only buying bun packages with the same printing.

      Delete