Saturday, January 9, 2021

The Journey of a 5th-Year Future Pennyillionaire Fortune-Seeker Begins With Two Single CENTS

There you go! I gave it away in the headline this time! You don't have to read about my penny-finding exploits. You can see how many I gathered, glance at the pictures, and move on to somebody who writes an interesting blog every single day, weekends included, since 2011 (here) and 2005 (my supersecret blog).
 
TUESDAY, January 5, I was forced to park out in No-Val's-Land at Country Mart. All the spaces up along the building were full. They were meant to be full, I realized, as I walked in from my unfavored parking space, and almost stepped on a PENNY! Left there just for me! 
 
 
I apologize to the man who came up behind me, having left home with no intention of being ample-rumpused by a crazy Val photographing pennies.

 

 It was a face-down 2010, looking all rustic in its close-up.
_______________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, January 8, I stepped into the liquor store to buy a new scratcher for The Pony. I couldn't get it at the Gas Station Chicken Store, because I'd bought a $60 winner there the day before. [Let the record show that The Pony won $50 on the one I bought him this day.]
 
 
I only got one picture, since this face-down 2019 pretty penny was so far under the counter. I hope the guy I ample-rumpused here was not the same one from Tuesday at Country Mart!
_____________________________________________________________________

2021 is off to a good start for this ol' penny-picker! That's 2 PENNIES, for 2 CENTS this week, going into the dessert-dish goblet and the running tally!
_________________________________________________________
 
2021 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 1, 2.
Dime         still at 0.
Nickel       still at 0.
Quarter    still at 0.

2020 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        25
Nickel      10
Quarter      1
__________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it exhilirationg to find a coin that has personal significance? One of these days you are going to find a rare coin, a misstamped one that is better than a winning lottery ticket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding my "Pennies from Heaven!" I DO give them a good looking-over, just in case there's something special. So far I've only found wheat pennies, and a buffalo nickel.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if people now recognise you as "that ample-rumpused lady who takes random photos of the ground and floors".
    (cheesy grin here)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they don't post a picture of my ample rumpus! Saying "Do you recognize this woman?" With a notice to beware of me!

      Delete