Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Hick Tossed His Cookies in SilverRedO

Hick must have been feeling a mite peckish at the auction the other night. He did not stop at buying Fruit and Nut Mix. He also bought COOKIES!

 
Surely you don't think I'd put off eating COOKIES until after I got a picture, do you? They didn't photograph very well in the bag anyway. The bag is the size of a bag that Triscuits are in, inside the box. I DID manage to get a picture before I scarfed down a serving of them. Oh, don't think these are the whole serving! I put some in a ramekin that I use for sauces. Not a giant ramekin that Hick gave me for pennies.

 
I can make out a hippo, a giraffe biting its own less-than-ample rumpus, an ape of some sort, a lion, and what I THINK is a contorted elephant. But only because I think I see a trunk.
 
The cookies are quite tasty. Crunchy, with a slight lemony flavor. Standard animal cookie flavor. My favorite way to eat animal cookies is with a dab of strawberry jam. I don't have any, and that grape jelly in a plastic squeeze bottle with an expiration date of 2010 OR 2018 is not something that I'm willing to try.
 
I am concerned that Hick has been overdosing on animal cookies. He mentioned last night that he still has 7 bags left, in the back (seat) of SilverRedO.
 
"Only 7? I thought you said you bought a case!"
 
"I did!"
 
"Aren't there 12 in a case?"
 
"Oh. Are there? I think there might have been 10. Uh. I have a bag on the front seat of the truck, that I've been eating. I gave one to you. And I gave one to my buddy up at the lockers. So there are7 left. Or maybe 9. I'm not sure..."
 
A likely story. Oh, Hick also bought another food, but you won't be seeing it here, or my description of the taste. He bought CAT FOOD. For a cat to eat. Not food made from cats. He actually sent me a text that night he bought it.
 
"Got 2 bags of cat food $8.00 a bag its $18 at the store"
 
"I hope it's not from China and will kill the dogs."
[Remember a few years back when that happened? Not my dogs, but pets in general. And also counterfeit Colgate toothpaste, I think, though I don't remember it killing anybody.]
 
"It wont its good stuff" 
[Said Hick, as if he'd taken a bite of it himself for approval before purchase.]

Funny how Hick has been driving around with animal cookies in SilverRedO, yet he put the Fruit and Nut Mix in the BARn.

8 comments:

  1. Elephant? Hmmm...I saw Mr. Bill from that Gumby clay-mation thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "ape of some sort" looks like a bear to me. I haven't seen animal cookies here in years, not even with our regular "biscuit" name. I'm horrified that anyone would put jam on them, I could see someone dipping them in melted chocolate, but not jam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen a bear animal cookie. But if I did, I would SLATHER IT WITH STRAWBERRY JAM!!!

      I tried them with semi-sweet chocolate chips, but they're not great. Of course I didn't melt the chocolate first. Just a bite of one, then the cookie.

      Delete
  3. I like animal crackers! I drop them in a cup/glass of milk and dip them out when they start to get soggy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of milk, but every 2-3 years, I will take the rejected broken Oreo halves from my Oreo Cake, and dip them in milk until soggy. That's the only way I like an Oreo.

      Delete
  4. I used to do a zoo animal unit in spring. I taught my Prek students this song for their parents at dismissal:
    Today I ate a tiger, and then a tall giraffe, and when I ate the elephant it really made me laugh! (The kids would laugh and laugh)
    Then I'd sing: You might think it's funny what they ate for snack... they were only animal crackers and none of them bit back. The kids and parents loved it, and now I will imagine Hick standing in the hall with my little guys, singing and biting the heads off animals: crackers that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can imagine Hick in his Santa suit, so the scenario won't seem so creepy!

      Delete