Saturday, October 7, 2017

Val Harvested a Bumper Crop This Week

My pennyillionaire fortune continues to grow!

On Wednesday, I gave you a mid-week update, whether you wanted it or not. I had found 4 pennies so far this week!

Thursday turned out to be a bountiful day for Val the Pennyfinder.

I had to take one of my less-preferred parking spots at Country Mart, due to other people not me having the nerve to park in my other spaces when they should have known I might decide to stop by. I would have parked on the end space, but I couldn't make a turn that sharp. Besides, there was another car pulling into the space directly across from it, and I thought they might pull on through. I hopped out and crossed the lot to go in the store. You can bet I had my eyes peeled for pennies, but none were evident.

When I came back out and started across the driving part of the parking lot, I saw a penny right in my path! I swear, it was NOT there when I went in! I was looking for one, you know, and I'd walked right over that area.


I had to stand in the driving lane to take this picture to include T-Hoe. Yes, there was a person in a car watching me, as well as the man in the big refrigerated milk truck that was getting ready to plow me over. It was a 2015. The penny. Not the milk truck.

At the gas station chicken store, I DID manage to snare my preferred parking spot by the building. On the way in, I was shocked to see ANOTHER penny waiting for me just before I got to the door.


Here's a little closer view, in case you can't make it out from the wide shot. And yes, there was a car parked to the right, just out of frame, with a person in the passenger seat watching me. I have no shame.


This penny was a 1990 version. Imagine my surprise when I met up with Hick to give him the lunch sandwiches I'd picked up for him in town, and he informed me that HOS had found a penny laying on the trailer that's been hooked up to Hick's truck for a couple of weeks, loaded down with a giant metal thing that's a car lifter thingy used in auto repair garages, until they unloaded it with the tractor this day.


Hick fished it out of his pocket. A 1992. No, it could not have been confused with a common Hick-pocket penny, because Hick dumps his pennies into his giant plastic red Coke bottle bank every night. And he had not yet made any purchases that day.

Nothing fell my way on Friday, but today, SATURDAY, fortune smiled on my proposed fortune again. I had to park around the corner at Orb K because all the front parking spaces were full. I scoped out the exterior and interior for pennies, but saw none.

On my way back to T-Hoe, I perused the lot where a couple of cars had left. What's THAT?


It was a penny, by cracky! A penny I almost missed! I stepped down off the sidewalk for a better look, and held my scratchers between my teeth so as to have both hands free for taking a picture. Yes, I was making a spectacle of myself once again. On the other side of that red car was a peninsula of sidewalk, with an idling pickup truck parked on the other side of it. The lady behind the wheel was giving me the eye. I don't think it was the stinkeye, but she had tinted windows, so I can't be sure. I'm hoping she just wrote about me on her blog tonight as a common run-of-the-mill weirdo.

See it there, by the line? What you might NOT see is the SECOND penny I almost missed, at the bottom left of that long gray spot in the middle of the parking space.


The one that caught my eye, a 1992.


And the one I saw by accident, while looking to see if anybody else was watching me, and didn't zoom in on enough, after picking up the first penny. But it's at the lower left of that big gray spot. A 2016.

So...this week, from Monday to Saturday, Val has found 8 pennies! Three on Monday, one on Wednesday, two on Thursday, and two on Saturday.
_____________________________________________________________________

Thursday gave me pennies #47 and 48. Today (Saturday) gave me #49 and 50.

I'm not counting the freight container penny found by Hick on Monday, nor the trailer penny found by HOS on Thursday, as part of my pennyillionaire total.
_____________________________________________________________________

10 comments:

  1. I went to Shaw Nature Center in Grey Summit (a Friday field trip) and found five pennies on the bus.

    Did those pennies bring me luck? Not so much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Madam, you currently hold the record for the most pennies found in one day, my personal one-day record standing at FOUR.

      Mine have not brought a lot of luck, either. My luck seems to be dispersed in-between the penny days.

      Delete
  2. I had trouble seeing the pennies today until you zoomed in on them. Perhaps your destiny is to collect a penny from every single year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine how hard it is for ME to see them with my naked, un-glasses-ed eye!

      There have been several lately from 1992. That does not seem significant to my life. Eventually, I might find one from each modern year, but not the valuable rare ones, most likely.

      Delete
  3. If things keep going well, pretty soon you'll have a whole dollar's worth of pennies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be fabulously wealthy in no time! Maybe one of these days you will find something of great monetary value by accident. Or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My penny goblet is already 1/3 full! My pennyillionaire fortune still has quite a way to go.

      Hick is more likely to find something of great monetary value when he shops at Goodwill or the flea markets every week.

      Delete
  5. Every time I find a penny, I think of you. I would send them to you, but the postage would be more than they are worth .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The postage would be more than the total of my to-date found pennies!

      Delete