Friday, October 3, 2014

The Evasive Mr. Peabody



We had a bit of an issue in the bowels of the Thevictorian homestead the other night. If you care to continue, I feel I must inform you: Some Readers May Find the Alluded-To Images Offensive.

I can’t speak for the gentlemen, but I am sure the ladies know what I am talking about when I mention the horror of placing one’s derriere on a toilet seat, only to discover something horribly amiss. Liquid where liquid shouldn’t be, perhaps. Or the residue of such shouldn’t-be liquid acting as an unwanted adhesive, sticking bare derriere flesh to plastic or porcelain. It is, as we might say, an icky situation.
When such a calamity befell my ample buttocks Wednesday evening, I declared to myself, “Val, you are NOT going to take this affront sitting down!” By this late stage, I have pretty much coerced all the men in my household to keep their noses clean when it comes to body fluids on toilet seats. It’s amazing how a shrill voice and the withholding of sustenance can persuade men to straighten up and fly right

Since the horrific incident occurred in the basement NASCAR bathroom, I had one likely culprit.

“PONY! Why is my butt sticking to the toilet seat?”

“I don’t know. I don’t even go in there.”

This is not true. The Pony goes in there all the time to get water in his silver bejeweled water cup. Not from the toilet, of course. From the sink. And let the record show that when I bought him the water cup, the only two available in that style were silver bejeweled and pink bejeweled.

“I know you were in there last night. And not for water. You closed the door. AND YOU FLUSHED!”

“Oh. But I wiped the seat with toilet paper!”

“That’s not good enough. Now I’m stuck to the residue. You need to use water when you wipe it off. Or don’t get it on the seat to start with. I swear. I don’t know what it is with you guys.”

Seriously. When you’re learning, you are right on target, sinking those Cheerios like a champ. Then you get all comfy with your special purpose, and your short attention span doesn’t last as long as the average pee. La, la, la…look around at the wall adornments, out the window, inside your belly-button. Who knows what goes through your mind. I used to accuse Genius of putting his hands on his hips and pinwheeling that thing while squealing WHEEEE like Maxwell the GEICO pig. He might as well have been Jackson Pollock creating a masterpiece several times a day.

Don't even get me started on that unique skill men have of spraying solids horizontally out the other side of their nether regions.

10 comments:

  1. I could be singing a duet with you.

    About poo.

    And what men can do,

    which results in stinky goo

    on the seat in the loo.

    Now I must bid you adieu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I refuse to comment. Put this down as a "no comment".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I for one was affronted. And taken aback. Get it? Afronted and abacked? Because you covered both ends?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val, keeping their nose clean is one thing...having good aim is another. Oh brother! I am glad we have two bathrooms. I refuse to sit on his seat. Well, you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife used to complain about keeping the bathroom clean, especially the floor around the toilet. I thought she was making too big a fuss about it so one day I got down on my hands and knees to clean it myself. I was horrified! She couldn't be the reason for all those pee splatters; I was the culprit. So from then in a decided to pee sitting down, in our house anyway. No more problem.

    Please don't tell Hick I pee sitting down. For some reason his opinion is... Oh, hell, tell him if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sioux,
    If you think you could be singing a duet with me...obviously, Madam, you have never heard me sing.

    *****
    Catalyst,
    You were warned. Proceeding at your own risk, you have learned to heed the warning next time. See? Another valuable public service provided by Val. Men must learn to thicken their skin or apply a protective coating before reading through Val's blog.

    *****
    Tammy,
    I see what you did there! If only you had worked in the word "privy" you could have said, "Heh, heh."

    *****
    Linda,
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. They don't even try to aim. Why should they, when they know somebody else will clean it for them?

    *****
    Stephen,
    See? Now you're better at not aiming, You have found a solution.

    Shh...Hick, too, pees sitting down. I don't think it's from the years of nagging, or the desire to make my life easier. In fact, I'm SURE it's not to make my life easier. He's just getting older, and makes himself comfortable.

    But I'd still like to know how he can spray like a skunk on top of the seat out the other side while sitting down. I'm sure you hold the key to that secret, but maybe I don't want that image rattling around in my brain.

    Sometimes, curiosity should not be resolved. Just ask that proverbial cat. Wait! You can't, because...well...he won't hear you and can't answer any more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't shock me with toilet issues!
    I have seen it all
    Including snot on the wall ......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy,
    I will see your snot on the wall, and raise you a snot-under-the-desk that I stuck my hand in and pulled away stringing it like opaque, warm salt-water taffy. Please don't try to raise me with any poop issues. This was a snot hand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many bodily fluids, so little time. You know, there are other slimy bodily fluids that would imitate snot .......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy,
    OK! You win! Take the pot! Take it now! I fold.

    ReplyDelete