Thursday, May 15, 2014

Advantages and Disadvantages of the Backroads Life

My internet woes continue. I can’t hold a connection long enough to type a comment and get it published. I have to copy the witty masterpieces, then paste and submit immediately when I get a glimmer of a connection. My regular posts are typed elsewhere and copied and pasted. So…I may or may not be able to keep up with my regular daily schedule until I get better internet service. Funny how it works for months, then when you are accustomed to paying more for faster speed, it suddenly becomes sluggish.

Living along the back roads has its minuses.

In the plus column…I can tease your brain with a little game called Dead or Alive. Is that too macabre? Is that frowned upon? Because if it is, I will not play it. Since I hear no complaints, put on your Sherlock Holmes detective hats. Fire up the meerschaum pipes.

Here are ten things I have seen this week from the safety of T-Hoe’s cabin. All were on the road or parking lot. Your challenge is to sort them into Dead and Alive. I’ll make it easy for you. There are five of each. Don’t go putting all in one category, to assure yourself a whopping score of 50%. I’m onto that trick. I’m a teacher, you know.

Armadillo
Caterpillar
Cow
Deer
Goose
Rabbit
Skunk
Snake
Squirrel
Worm

They are listed in alphabetical order so as not to tip you off or confuse you. Good luck. When I next have an internet connection, I will reveal the answers in the comments.

8 comments:

  1. Dead are: Armadillo, deer, skunk, squirrel, worm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Armadillo, deer, skunk, snake, worm DEAD

    Caterpillar, cow, squirrel, rabbit, goose ALIVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about the other 9, but I imagine the armadillo was dead, because when I'm traveling in the country, I ALWAYS see a dead armadillo, and it always seems to be on its back, its legs straight up in the air...Why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No brainer armadillo. They are always four feet up, and suicidal squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's the tally:
    Dead: armadillo, caterpillar, rabbit, skunk, worm
    Alive: cow, deer, goose, snake, squirrel

    ********************************************
    Lynn,
    Your score is 3/5. That's 60%. You will pass Roadkill Detective Training by the seat of your pants, and get your credit.

    ******
    Stephen,
    Nice try. You are NOT going home. That fake headache trick is not going to work this late in the year. We are onto your tricks. For not completing the assignment, you are assigned to one week of mandatory after-school tutoring.

    *****
    joeh,
    You have 6/10 correct. Also a 60%. Your answers are different enough that I will not accuse you of cheating.

    *****
    Sioux,
    Your score, Madam, is 1/10. That's 10%. I am referring you to a doctor for a possible spectrum disorder diagnosis. You seem to have become fixated on the armadillo.

    The armadillos are on their backs because the sun shining on them all day expands the gas in their bellies, and they are bloated, ready to explode. Warm air rises, you know, because it is less dense than cooler air.

    *****
    Linda,
    I am calling your guardian. I believe it's a guy named Bill. You have obviously stolen Sioux's answer, and tried to muddy the waters by tossing in a wrong answer. You can't fool me. Due to the cheating, your score is 0%.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda is Bill's keeper (as in zoo keeper).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear he's one of those critters who can come back to life if an LED light shines on his face.

      Delete