Saturday, July 15, 2023

The COINtdown is Real

Friday rolled around, and Val was quite conscious of the ticking clock. Nothing to show for the week. A goose-egg for the Saturday CENTSus! But wait! What was that? Mere hours before the typing of the coin report, Even Steven came through!

FRIDAY, July 14, I had to park in a non-favored space at the Sis-Town Casey's. No gas this time, since I was on a return trip to deposit a check Hick got from his doctor's office right after I got home from errand day. Of course I was not going to waste a trip to Sis-Town and not get scratchers. In retrospect, it would have saved me some of my weekly allowance, since I only won $6.


I saw it the minute I opened T-Hoe's door. My disappointment over the parking space taken by the white car was gone. Surely I had parked T-Hoe far enough off this parking line so that a close-parker could not block the door when I came out. Being in the last space on the right, I had taken the liberty of getting T-Hoe into the far right reaches of my parking space.


It was a face-down 1998 DIME, sizzling in the 96-degree heat. Hot to the touch when I seared my fingertips to drop it in my shirt pocket. I'm sure you will have guessed by now that indeed, a car was in that space when I came out, blocking T-Hoe's door from opening to the second notch. 

It was not even a close-parker. It was a small black sedan that was within the lines. T-Hoe has REALLY large doors. I had to hold onto the door in the first notch position while climbing onto the running board, and contort myself to get both knees to bend enough to get my legs inside. It would help if I had smaller feet... or if I had parked even farther to the right of my space. Though you can see from the picture that it should have been enough. I did NOT write a condescending note to leave on the small black sedan.

On my way home, I of course went into the School-Turn Casey's for scratchers. At least I won $10 there on a $3 ticket. And also found a special treat:


Another DIME! I was worried that a little girl who was leaving would spot it and pick it up! But she merely trod upon it with her little Croc, and went on her merry way with a cold beverage.


This one was a face-down 2023 dime. Much cooler than the previous one, chilling on the tile floor. Not a productive day for scratchers, but definitely worth those stops for the dimes!
________________________________________________________________

That's 2 COINS this week, for 20 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny            still at 63
Dime             #12, 13.
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 3

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________ 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Even Steven was hard at work for you in that hot weather:) That 2023 dime couldn't be more shiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was definitely a new dime! My first 2023. I guess I was supposed to be at those places at those times. No big scratcher winners, but it could be setting me up for a future win...

      Delete
  2. Even Steven rounding up to dimes to make up for a lack of pennies. He's so generous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And comes through in a clutch, with the timely dimes!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm even happy with a penny! As long as it's not a shut-out.

      Delete