Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Nobody Can Accuse the Senior Center of Not Giving a Fork

Hick has been playing bingo again at the Senior Center. And winning, of course. I don't want to falsely accuse anybody, but he seems to win on a regular basis. I asked Hick if the other denizens are mad at his lucky streak. He said no. I also asked if anyone else ever wins a prize, and he said they did. I did NOT come right out and ask if the bingo-caller is cheating for their little pet...

Here's Hick's Monday bingo prize. Or "price," as he regularly sends me in his text announcements. 


At first glance, on my cell phone, without my glasses... I thought that Hick had been served a bag of frozen peas. Looked like a bag of something on a plate. I could not see the individual edges inside the bag. Enlargement, and closer inspection, revealed it to be a bag of 24 plastic forks, and a package of plastic plates. 

If Hick keeps winning at this rate, he will be able to stage the kitchen when we are ready to sell the Double Hovel! Knives, ice cream dishes, plates, and forks! He has two rolls of toilet paper for the two bathrooms. If Hick had been a bit more aggressive, he might have been able to swipe a washcloth and hand towel from another of Monday's winners!

Looks like Hick is becoming a two-fisted drinker. This is the second "price" photo that has revealed two glasses in the background.

4 comments:

  1. They are blue. How can you mistake them for frozen peas which are green? even without your glasses they are still blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peas don't come in see-through bags. Different brands have different colored packaging. To me, it looked like the back of a bag of peas. As I used to tell my students, "I am not as dumb as you want me to be!"

      Delete
  2. Wow! Hick will be able to fill the cabinets, maybe they will start giving away furniture and appliances! But, Hick would probably prefer building supplies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick needs to find himself a backpack to start carting home his "prices!" He DID finally put the 2-knife set on our kitchen table. So I guess "we" get to keep them. Right now, we could use some drywall for the Double Hovel.

      Delete