Saturday, July 8, 2023

Three COINS for the Toutin'

I am pleased to announce that Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune was not forgotten by Even Steven this week. Coins were placed in my path, and I most certainly nabbed them. Just a slight hiccup when I refused the FREE penny offered by the School-Turn Casey's clerk to scratch my scratchers.

The week got off to a slow start, but on WEDNESDAY, July 5, I was pacified right after my CRAZY RAMMER encounter when T-Hoe was assaulted at the Gas Station Chicken Store. My new preferred parking space at Country Mart was occupied, so I parked next to the car in it. As I was climbing out of T-Hoe, all a-shake from adrenaline, that car backed out.


Follow the thick river of blacktop-patcher from the right side of the photo to the middle, where it skinnys-out between a dark blotch and a light blotch. My penny is under the light blotch.


It was a face-down, beat-up, 2004 penny, picked up by Val's hand despite the tremors.
_______________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, July 6, found me running errands and pumping T-Hoe's gas at the Sis-Town Casey's. I got my favorite Pump 4, across from the handicap ramped sidewalk area. On my way in, I almost stepped on a penny! It was right in my path. There was traffic, so I went on in. When I came back, it was still there. Imagine THAT! I did not get a picture, just scooped it up to avoid being run over. People are not patient these days!


Don't strain your eyes! This picture was AFTER I picked up the penny, and after I pumped the gas. My face-down 1995 penny was straight ahead, just past the dark/light demarcation, in the sun. It couldn't have been easier to find if somebody had specifically measured out my path, and placed it there just for me! I meant to take a closeup of it in T-Hoe, but I forgot, and I'm too lazy now to go pose it on the kitchen counter.
________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, July 7, I stopped by the School-Turn Casey's after stocking up on stamps. The price goes up Sunday, you know, from 63 cents each to 66 cents. As I told the young man clerk, an acquaintance of The Pony, "I spent more on gas to come get three books of stamps than I will spend when the price increases! I might just as well have waited until next week when I'm over here again." Anyhoo... when I started in Casey's...


Right in my path! I swear, some weeks, I don't have to make any effort aside from ample-rumpusing those behind me as I bend to pick them up.


It was a face-down 1981 penny, roasting in the sun. There may or may not have been a sizzle when my fingertips initiated the rescue.
________________________________________________________________

That's 3 COINS this week, for 3 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2023 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny           # 61, 62, 63.
Dime             still at 11
Nickel           still at 1
Quarter        still at 3

2022 FINAL TOTALS

Penny           124
Dime              21
Nickel              7
Quarter             9

2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________  

4 comments:

  1. You are doing good on the pennies Val! I just read that stamps were going up and realized my PO is now closed so I can't rush out to stock up. Ha! Of course I could drive over to Costco, about a 10 minute drive but... oh, the crowds on a Saturday, no thank you:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless you were going to buy a truckload of stamps, I think your budget will be able to absorb the cost increase. I got three books of 20 stamps. So I saved a grand total of $1.80. It's just the thought of the post office getting the best of me that made me rush out and buy them before the price went up.

      Delete
  2. Even Steven is back in your good books.

    ReplyDelete