Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Old Biddy Must Be Revolving In Her Web of Deceit

You might recall how Hick got the night-time gabapentin that stops frayed nerves from needling him. And how he was supposed to have a referral to a pain clinic for a shot in his spine. AND how after two weeks of not hearing from either the pain clinic nor the back doctor, he called. Got the runaround. Found out nothing had been done. And the one guy there at the back doctor's office who seems dependable said he'd take care of the pain clinic and the about-to-run-out nerve medicine.

Well. I'm sure you will be absolutely SHOCKED to hear that on Friday, with less than a week of his medicine left, Hick had to call again to find out the status of his appointment and prescription. He got through to the pain clinic, who said they had no appointment for him, and that they were booked-up until mid-August. Hick insisted that they find a way to see him, because of the medicine running out, and it being almost 30 days since he was told he'd be seeing the pain doctor. 

Turns out they could do nothing, except give him an appointment on Monday at their office deeper into the city. Of course Hick jumped on that appointment.

"All of this I been through, with the referrals, and the gal gave me two-page questionnaire to fill out about stuff that don't even apply to me. Like if I had an opioid addiction. What does that have to do with getting a shot in my spine? And that new medicine isn't even a painkiller. It's a nerve-number. I didn't fill it out! I gave it back to her and told her I left it blank, because that's not why I was there. She just said OK.

The doctor said that they had me down and were planning to get me an appointment for the end of August, because I needed to see the pain counselor first. I told him I couldn't wait that long, and that my medicine was running out in three days. He said, 'Oh, I can give you a prescription for that. What are you doing, taking it three times a day?' I told him NO, it was ONCE a day, at night. So he wrote it for that. Then he said they should be able to work me in for the shot, and they would call me."

"Good luck with THAT. And you probably could have agreed to the three times a day, and gotten a supply that would last you three months!"

"Yeah. I didn't think of that. Anyway, I checked with the pharmacy on the way home this afternoon, and they had no record of my refills. I guess I'll go by there tomorrow and check again, before I call the office and complain."

I guess that Hick's luck is turning, now that he doesn't have to go through Old Biddy at the back doctor's office. His prescription was ready on Tuesday, and the pain clinic called with an appointment for his shot on WEDNESDAY! Hick was flabbergasted. 

"See how quick they can get me in when nobody else is involved?"

"Yeah. I still think Old Biddy is messing with your medical care!"

So odd that nothing goes right for Hick's appointments when Old Biddy is in charge. I'm not shy about making accusations, false or reality-based! Old Biddy must be sabotaging Hick on purpose, or is a real butterfingers in handling only Hick's appointments and records. Not just a butterfingers. Her hands must be slathered with butter, Crisco, bacon grease, vegetable oil, that grease that goes through a goose, and the stuff they coat the flagpole with at the county fair just before folks try to climb it and grab the $100-bill at the top.

10 comments:

  1. Could be her brain is grease-filled. She sounds about as efficient as the woman who answered at the hospital and giggled and guffawed through everything Bill said. I asked him for his phone (grabbed it) and hung up.
    "Why'd you do that?"

    "No one deserves to be treated that way. I will call back, get another person, and see why they texted you for an appointment scheduled for next week (Cardiac Cath) and now are requesting you call their number. You have the paper work from the computer. This is crazy."
    Gal # 2 was nice enough but said, "Well, all I see is...hey let me scroll down on his chart and oh my, I see he has...." She started reading me his entire chart, Hippa laws be damned. She couldn't help me. So I asked to be transferred to cardiac lab.

    The older woman said, "His records indicate he is having three tests (the three he had days before, which he failed). She said, "Well those should be removed from his record then, let me change that." WHAT!? shouldnt the results be kept in his file?
    WE ARE SO LOOKING FORWARD to seeing the cardiologist in a few days. Complete incompetence, idiocy.
    I feel for Hick, AND you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know what they say: Bad things come in threes! You definitely got them in the people you talked to.

      People don't want to work anymore. They want to socialize. Probably a coworker was messing with the first one, making her laugh. The second one figured she was in a privacy bubble where nobody could hear her because she found that info to be uninteresting. And the third must think Bill's virtual file is getting too fat. I definitely think that info should remain in the records.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you... never turn down more pills than you need because, you know... just in case and always nice to have them on hand for an emergency. With that said, I (knock on wood), don't need to take any prescription drugs yet thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main concern was that you shouldn't just STOP taking that drug, but should taper off. So if Hick ran out, that wouldn't be an option. The doctor could explain better, and maybe at Hick's dose, and only being on it for a month, that would be okay. But nobody wants to even answer questions in a timely manner.

      Delete
  3. What a nightmarish messed up system, if we can even call it a system, but so good to hear Hick got the needed prescription and a quick appointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick got the shot in his back today. Said it might take 3 days to start working. He goes back next week to see if it is doing what it's supposed to. The nurse told him to keep taking the gabapentin until they make sure the shot worked. Then to start skipping one every third day, then every other day, then stretch out the days between, to get off of it.

      Delete
  4. All this kerfuffle is making me so glad I have my health and no need for any of this type of runaround.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Enjoy the lack of stress and drama.

      Delete
  5. I know how frustrating it is!! Like all the time it took to get a referral for the appendectomy! Good that Hick called the shot doctor himself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least Hick didn't have to give himself that shot in the back! He says it's a steroid shot. He was awake all night, and asked if I thought it was the shot. Um... YES! I didn't sleep for two nights in the hospital after I had a steroid shot during my Unfortunate HospitVALzation.

      Delete