Thursday, July 27, 2023

Does a Bear Drink Hot Chocolate in the Woods?

Hick had a good lunch of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans at the Senior Center yesterday. He didn't mention the dessert, but I imagine he had two, considering how he is pampered by the chefs. He got there early enough to play bingo, and of course won a prize.

Hick continues to furnish our kitchen with his winnings:


He proudly sent me a picture of his win. He even called it an actual PRIZE this time.

"Bingo prize today."

"Hot chocolate and a pouch?"

"And a hand towel."

"Someone is re-gifting!"

No answer to that. When Hick came home, he revealed that there was another prize he coveted.

"They give away 4 rolls of toilet paper today, but I didn't win them." 

Oh, well. There will be other days, other toilet paper. I'm pretty sure of it. As for the hot chocolate... who wouldn't want that, when the temperature is going to hit 101 today.

10 comments:

  1. Ha! Ha! Great bingo win for Hick. Save it to celebrate the cooler weather when it arrives... if it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick is holding out on me. I haven't seen his prize yet. I can only imagine how crunchy those mini marshmallows must be!

      Delete
  2. I like the blue mugs! Save them for a Christmas treat with hot chocolate for the mini marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Hick ever brings them in the house, I will put them up until winter. I do like the mugs.

      Delete
  3. It will be cold again. I would throw out all marshmallows. But, they could make a separate snack. They know how to party there. Pretty blue mugs/cups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those marshmallows might not be any worse than the little crunchy ones that come with packets of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate. They rehydrate! Hick would rather have had the toilet paper than the mugs! That's HIS kind of partying, I guess.

      Delete
  4. You could fill the mugs with your famous Chex Mix to gift someone come Christmas! Hick just realizes the importance of paper work ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that Chex Mix would go stale without a snap-on lid. But let's face it: there's not going to be any leftovers when somebody gets a cup of my world-famous Chex Mix!

      Hick is an expert on paper work!

      Delete
  5. Fill a baggie and pt it in the cup or use cellophane like for Easter baskets and put the cup in the middle and pull it up and tie it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an idea. But Hick hasn't coughed up those cups yet! Maybe he's brewing hot chocolate down at the SUS2.

      Delete