Sunday, July 2, 2023

The Most Incompetent Employee in the World, OR a Voodoo Witch Stabbing Hick in the Back?

That woman behind the desk at Hick's back surgeon is NOT Santa's little helper!!! 

You may recall that Old Biddy was livid the day Hick showed up in pain after his surgery, to ask questions, because nobody had returned his calls in two days, and was granted a walk-in visit with the surgeon. Also that same day, Old Biddy sent Hick off with paperwork for physical therapy, made out in another guy's name. Then said it was Hick's fault for showing up without an appointment. AND Old Biddy scheduled Hick for a follow-up appointment with x-rays a week ahead of his office visit, when they are supposed to be the same day, and never gave him a phone call for confirmation either time.

Poor naive Hick! He thought he had befriended Old Biddy by chatting with her about a Santa picture on her desk. She was treacle-y sweet to him by the time he left that day, with a prescription for 30 days of that new nerve drug, and assurance that the pain clinic would call about an appointment to give him a shot in the neck.

Well. You know where this is going, don't you? 

I reminded Hick that he needed to check on the appointment with the pain clinic, since his nerve medicine would run out. So on Thursday, Hick called the surgeon's office about his referral. The gal who answered said he needed to call the pain clinic about it. So Hick did. They had no record of a referral or appointment for him. 

Hick called the surgeon's office back. The gal put him on hold for 10 minutes. At least that's how long he waited before hanging up. He tried to call for an hour, and finally got the guy who is usually very polite and helpful. Hick explained his situation, and The Guy said he would call the pain clinic and take care of it. Hick also mentioned that his nerve medicine, supposed to hold him over until the neck shot, was running out, with no refills. The Guy said he would also take care of that. We'll see...

Anyhoo... I asked Hick who was responsible for setting up that referral at the pain clinic. Uh huh. I'm sure you have already realized that it was OLD BIDDY!

I can't tell him enough that this woman is a psycho who will hold a grudge against him forever, and sabotage any interaction he has at that surgeon's office. Hick says I'm being dramatic. I think evidence is on my side.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Val, I'm starting to think that, giving Old Biddy, the benefit of doubt, that maybe, just maybe she has a little bit of dementia. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am far less forgiving. I think Old Biddy has a mean streak half a mile wide! The other workers Hick talked to did not say that other people had been having problems with scheduling. They were surprised at his x-rays on a different date that his appointment, and that he never got a confirmation call for either. Like that stuff never happens.

      Delete
    2. I'm with you, Val. If she has the onset of dementia they need to send her old a$$ packing but it sounds like she just enjoys seeing who she can screw with because her own life is so miserable. Either way, she needs to be stopped.

      Delete
    3. It just seems odd that Hick, the person people fawn over and bestow junky riches upon, is the only one seemingly affected by these "mistakes."

      Delete
  2. Incompetence rules. I would watch my back around that woman. Val, you are going to have to be Hick's spokesperson. Let her have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick needs to double-check everything Old Biddy has a hand in. Too many issues to be coincidence.

      Delete
  3. She needs to be named and shamed. The surgeon she works for needs to be told. Be anonymous but get the story out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling Hick will mention his difficulties during his next appointment. Maybe ask, "Am I the only one these things happen to?"

      Delete
  4. I had a nurse at ob/gyn office who could never give me an appointment. My friend who was also pregnant said she had no trouble with the nurse. We made a plan. I would call and get denied a visit. She would call and get an appointment. It worked. I reported it to obgyn who said he had never had a problem like that. I told him the friend's name who called two minutes after I did and got appointment that week instead of three weeks later. I knew I was right. The next visit, he said he had to let her go.
    It happens.
    A bank teller was telling me weird things and other customers, too, because I heard. I talked to bank manager who said she had employed her for over 27 years and she was a personal friend and one of her best employees. I suggested dementia. The woman was soon gone.
    That is one mean nurse and one ill bank employee that made my life miserable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a good plan! We had a receptionist at our dentist who STOLE OUR CHECKS! Our neighbor was a dental hygienist there, and we were friendly with the receptionist. Turns out they caught her in an audit. She had been taking money that was paid in check or cash. For a couple years! Not all patients, and not every time. I guess she knew how to cover her tracks. For a while...

      Delete
  5. Is my mother still alive and working at Hick's surgeon's office?? Sounds like her. Mean just because she wants to be mean. She took an instant dislike to him and now she has him in her web of dirty tricks! If she has dementia, don't you think it would be hard to target one patient and not another? Sounds like she get pleasure from toying with those in pain! Mother, is that you out there??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Old Biddy is channeling her spirit? I agree about the instant dislike. Poor Hick. He's definitely not the pet at that office!

      Delete
    2. We had our regulars in the ER and I am not ashamed to admit that I once crawled under the desk in the nurses station to avoid one of those patients!!

      Delete
    3. We had a guy do that at the unemployment office, when a certain regular came in for his 4-week in-person review. Saw him take a number, and hunkered down until somebody else called that one.

      Delete