Friday, July 21, 2023

Genius is Starting to Drone On and On

Genius sent me some pictures on Monday. 

"I bought myself a camera drone on Prime Day. This was just my first flight. Hopefully I will get a lot more over time."

It comes as no surprise that Genius bought himself a drone. The only surprise is that he had not done so before now. He's always been a camera buff, having many varieties, and developing his own photos in the darkroom he made in Hick's basement workshop. Not to mention his avid love of electronic gadgets. 

I can't remember what contraption he wanted to buy when he was in 6th grade. I forbade it, what with it coming from China, and not being sure if the seller was legitimate. I questioned the language in the advertisement. "You will enjoy this garget. May you have a happy sunshine buying experience."

So of course that's what I texted back when informed of the drone.

"Wow. A new garget. Did you have a happy sunshine buying experience?"

"Lol."

Genius sent seven photos. One of them being himself and Friend standing on a footpath, posing for the drone. Here is my favorite:


That might be Pittsburgh's most iconic view.

8 comments:

  1. I bet operating the drone is really fun for Genius. I'm sure that I would crash if I tried operating a drone. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminds me of when 13-year-old HOS (Hick's Oldest Son) got a remote control helicopter for his birthday. Hick and the boys took it to the football practice field at HOS's middle school to try it out. On the first flight, controlled by Hick, it went over a high chain-link fence onto the property of a local produce trucking company. Crashed into some trees. HOS said, "Well. That was fun." They never got it back.

      Delete
  2. The ads from China are no better now! I am put off by them. But, sometimes they are good for a laugh or two.
    I have long wanted a drone but suspect the first flight would by the one and only flight with me at the controls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO like to see how they mistakenly use words, and the odd sentence structure.

      I am a technology simpleton, and would still be drawing on cave walls rather than take pictures with a drone!

      Delete
  3. I thought a hive had emptied all its noisy bees last week when an electric company drone hovered in my back yard over my head. Looking for downed power lines after a storm. What a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing the operator knew what he/she was doing, or it might have swooped down and gotten caught in your hair like a rabid bat!

      Delete
  4. That's a very nice picture of Pittsburgh. He's going to have lots of fun with the drone. I don't think I've ever seen one around here, only on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any, either. I used to watch a YouTube couple who played slots in Oklahoma and Texas, and the husband had a drone that would show them driving along the highway and the scenery on the way there. Genius will master that drone!

      Delete