Thursday, August 30, 2018

I Love the View of Shackytown in the Morning

While perusing my backlog of pictures for anything remotely interesting...I happened upon a couple of Shackytown photos from when Hick was on his Iowa tour. I snapped them one morning when I was out tending the goat and mini-pony. By morning, I mean shortly after noon, as I was getting ready to leave for town.


Hick seems to have cast his themed sheds aside like so many old shoes. I can't believe Shackytown Boulevard has WEEDS growing through the gravel. The Old Hick would have soaked those suckers in so much poison hand-mixed and squirted from a tank that they'd have been dead and withered within minutes.

Here we have The Pony's Sword Shack, followed by the Fishing Lair, and then the Railroad Car Shack. I thought Hick was going to paint it that rusty red railroad car color, but maybe he hasn't gotten around to it, and that's just his primer layer.


The original Little Barbershop of Horrors is first on Shackytown Boulevard. The lady is the one he brought home for The Pony from Germany. I don't know what she's doing on a barbershop porch. Perhaps enticing customers. As for the wire birdcage thingies with what looks like duck decoys inside...Hick only knows. I suppose there wasn't room enough for them on the narrow porch of the Fishing Lair.

Perhaps, as the weather cools, Hick will clear up those pallets laying around. I'm hoping. Hoping that they are not left in place for the start of new themed sheds.

13 comments:

  1. Better than DOllywood! Get the signs out for Shackytown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! We're not WORTHY! Dolly is my idol. She's a genius, you know, who could make a fortune off song-writing royalties alone. And a humanitarian, giving free books to all those Tennessee young'uns.

      Delete
    2. Big fan of DOlly also, though not sure I would like DOllywood. She is a great personality and great talent, especially playing guitar with long nails.

      Delete
  2. He's a builder, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but not much of a landscaper for Shackytown.

      Delete
  3. I like Shackytown. I hope Hick doesn't forget it altogether and gets out there soon to weed the paths and spruce things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe when he's done fixing the roads, he'll have time for that project.

      Delete
  4. Is that a likeness of Jessica Rabbit, or an advertisement for women of the hour? Hick IS quite the builder. I would commandeer one of those for my writing lair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was Jessica Rabbit, but Hick said it was some kind of display to help sell their product (knives and saw blades for butchers). Her right hand is flat, like she might have held a sign or item.

      Those shacks are already decorated inside (holding Hick's treasures). I would need to start from scratch to make a writing lair!

      Delete
  5. Did you forget to put in some pictures (or is it just me)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From this end, looks like that's all I intended. Three shacks in the first picture, one in the second pic. I might not have inserted them in the right order with their descriptions...

      Delete
  6. Hick should buy my campground and he could build theme cabins to be rented out! He would love it. You could man the store and mentally disdain your customers. I will even throw in my wife as part of the deal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't let him get wind of this idea. Even though it would put us closer to Genius, and probably about the same distance as now from The Pony. The wife offer is quite tempting, but I am not willing to work so hard. Hick would love it, but I'm too lazy!

      Delete