Saturday, August 18, 2018

Hick Finding Coins? That's NonCENTS!

SUNDAY, August 12th, I decided to get my magical elixir at Orb K instead of The Gas Station Chicken Store. I wanted my scratchers from Orb K, so I cut out a stop. You know, because I have such a busy schedule. Big mistake on the soda front. Too much foam, and tasted flat. But I found a penny!


I was vacillating on the parking space. Around at the end of the store, the farthest space was taken. The nearest space was taken. Leaving four between them. At the last minute, I veered into the third of the six spaces. Good thing I'm a bad parker, hogging to the right to leave room for T-Hoe's driver door to open all the way, lest somebody dare to park beside me. Had I parked like a civilized driver, I might not have seen this gem hiding in the shadows.


I was meant to park there, I suppose, to harvest this 1993 face up penny.
____________________________________________________________________

TUESDAY, August 14, I returned to Orb K to cash in a $25 winner and get more tickets. You can bet I was scoping out the grounds for pennies. None to be found. The kid ahead of me, looking like he'd just come from football practice, all sweaty, buying a Polar Pop...even fumbled his change out of that slide-pool from the register, but he caught every cent.

Lucky for me, I was paying attention on the way out, and found


a donation from Even Steven next to the donut case by the door. I got my pictures before anyone dared disturb me by ingress or egress.


It was a face-up 1999 Abe Lincoln, lying among the door detritus.

________________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, August 16th, I observed a penny while waiting in line at the Backroads Casey's.


You can't imagine how many backflips my heart did, worrying that this gal and her companion would see it and pick it up as they left. OR step on it and kick it so that I had to scurry to make it mine!


This was a 2000, face down. I grabbed it after that pair left, and while the clerk was scanning my winners.
_____________________________________________________________________

Oh, yeah. On MONDAY, August 13th, Hick found THIS over in front of the BARn.


I don't dare claim it, because it was meant for Hick. So it won't be counted in my running total below. As Hick said, "It was probably mine, anyway, out of my pocket."
_________________________________________________________________________

For 2018: Pennies  # 81, 82, 83
For 2018: Dimes  still at # 13.
For 2018: Nickels still at # 4.

Since 2017 (the beginning), this was Penny # 159, 160, 161.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this is still Dime # 19.
Since 2017 (the beginning), this is still Nickel # 4.
__________________________________________________________________________

5 comments:

  1. I hope no one on the IRS reads your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll probably be audited when you become a pennyillionaire!!

      Delete
    2. My records are complete, right here for them to find!

      Delete
  2. Is that a nickel or a dime found by Hick? And since it was probably his in the first place, he can't claim it as found money like you can your pennies. Flat soda is awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is Hick's dime. I'm sure he pocketed it and went about his merry way, probably to lose it somewhere else.

      I was very disappointed with my non-Gas Station Chicken Store elixir. There's a reason I pay the premium price.

      Delete