Thursday, August 2, 2018

Another Hick Perk

One of the perks of living with Hick is that even when he's not here, he's full of surprises. I was minding my own business Saturday night, pecking away at New Delly's keyboard, when I heard the buzz of an incoming text.

"My newest aqusition" [okay, he was close, I knew what he was getting at]


"Congrats. I guess. How much did you pay for that?"

"I didn't pay ANYTHING! My buddy bought it and gave it to me!"

Heh, heh! Is that, perhaps, indicative of what Hick's buddies think of him? Still, Hick was thrilled to get it.

"So I guess that's a toilet BOWL," I told him after he got home.

"No, it's a cup."

"That's a mighty big cup! I can't imagine drinking out of it. Besides, that doesn't even make sense. A toilet cup? Nah. It's gotta be a toilet bowl."

"Maybe."

"Where did you put it?" I asked, worrying about our front porch wooden Indians and golden leopard being embarrassed.

"I'm taking it up to my Storage Unit Store."

I hope he has it on a high shelf. You don't know what people might do in it while they're browsing around...

14 comments:

  1. I wouldn't drink out of it but maybe your dogs will!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they would, especially if they thought they weren't supposed to!

      Delete
  2. I think it is a riot, but I'm with fishducky and would not drink out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I'm pretty sure it's for soup, Hick won't drink out of it either, because he likes his soup DRY, towering over the rim of the bowl.

      Delete
  3. I'm agreeing with fishducky and joeh...

    I wouldn't drink out of it even if I had spent 40 days in the desert and was parched beyond belief. The visual would get to me everytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least there isn't a seat part to flip down!

      Delete
  4. That's hilarious - but definitely not a container for anything consumable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess Hick could market it as a planter.

      Delete
  5. I don't think it's big enough to tempt people into you-know-what, it's more of a soup cup size, but I wouldn't use it for soup or anything else. I might use it as a drinking bowl for a cat like Lola who has been caught drinking from the toilet here a few times when I forget to close the lid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Lola would enjoy it.

      You'd be surprised where people are tempted to do you-know-what. Like in the open aisles of the carpet bins in a store where I used to work!

      Delete
  6. You made me laugh out loud. Thank gadfrey I didn't wet myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if YOU had one of these items for your very own, you wouldn't have to worry about that!

      Delete
  7. I'd be tempted to crumble vanilla wafer cookies and insert a few mini tootsie rolls... you know, for Hick to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't give me ideas! I get myself in enough trouble already.

      Delete