Thursday, October 15, 2015

Sometimes, You Wonder What's Going on in That Noggin

As we left school yesterday, I ran through the upcoming events which might affect The Pony's classes. He's a forgetful sort. I offered to get him a planner (yeah, that's how out of touch I am with today's youth), and when he snorted and rolled his eyes, I suggested he keep a list of important dates on his phone. I know there's some magic way one can to that. Nope. He declared he didn't need any reminders. Even though senior pictures are coming up, and a meeting for ordering announcements, and the ACT, and the SAT.

"Oh, and tomorrow is club day. I don't remember if any of those meetings affect your schedule."

"Wouldn't it be neat if 'club day' was a day everyone was allowed to bring a club?"

"Well...it would certainly be a day to mark on the calendar."

14 comments:

  1. And a dog show would consist of dogs singing, juggling & telling jokes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! That's exactly right! I want to see THAT kind of dog show!

      Delete
  2. Pony travels his own path. With no need of a club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure The Pony was thinking more of sitting back to watch the festivities, like at Genius's college on St. Pat's Day.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRqoA-lLX8c

      Or The Simpsons' Whacking Day.

      Delete
  3. By all means they should bring clubs. Yeah, really!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clubs don't whack students. Students whack students.

      Delete
  4. I always stayed home on club day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...you must not have had a very big club.

      Delete
  5. I would gladly participate in THAT club day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure have a lot to be proud of with Pony and genius. Congratulations on the publication. That's a big deal. But so his garnering solar rays to power a phone. Does the boy hire out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of them are too busy being wrapped up in themselves to hire out. Of course, they could be into worse spare-time activities. So I'm not complaining. Much.

      Delete
  7. I like it. I would love to carry a club, well, all the time. They won't let me have a gun. I would use it. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could make your own club. And a holster for it. You're crafty like that.

      Delete