Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Hot Off the Press!



I have been remiss in telling you about the most recent publication here at Val’s cathouse. Okay. Perhaps that’s not the image I want to project. Ahem. Allow me to unbag the latest cat in our anthology-publishing-credit family: THE PONY!

Indeed, The Pony’s story was released only yesterday in Mission Mars: Building Red. If you’re a science fiction aficionado, I heartily recommend it. I haven’t read it yet, because I don’t have my copy, and I am not The Pony’s editor, so I was not privy (heh, heh, I said PRIVY) to the story before publication. However, I still heartily recommend it!

The Pony's story, "Assassination in the Arcology," is included in the section titled Phase 3: And to Dust We Return.

Not bad for a 17-year-old author. I know that I never even dreamed of being published when I was that age.

But I WAS a licensed driver!




10 comments:

  1. Quite a feather in his cap. Congratulations to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pass on your congrats. Yes, it's like a little beanie cap, from which he's removed the propeller, and stuck in a feather from Hick's turkey.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to the newly published writer. Can the Man Booker Prize be far behind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm passing on your congrats. He has a way to go before he's ready to write a whole book, though.

      Delete
  3. I'd like to buy stock in your kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like you to buy stock in my kids! Of course I don't know the least thing about it, and you're an expert, so maybe we will work out a partnership down the line, after I get my proposed handbasket factory up and running. I'll give you half-off on a handbasket! With a free sidecar for Mrs. C. Your own Mrs. C, of course. Not Stephen's Mrs. C.

      Delete
  4. Wow, sweet! Congrats to The Pony! I'd like to find a copy... do you have some link to go to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pass on your congrats to The Pony. All I have is the Amazon link:

      http://www.amazon.com/Mission-Mars-Building-Janet-Cannon/dp/1940442079

      Looks like it's on Kindle, too. The Pony has not yet received his copies, so I haven't even read it!

      Delete
  5. Good for The Pony! You drive, he writes. He has been practicing riding in a limo all these years, you know, for when he becomes rich and famous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't surprise me if that's what's been going through his head!

      Delete