Monday, October 5, 2015

Hick Land, One Man's Vision

Something about the never-ending construction by Hick makes me hum this little tune.

Here in outer Backroads, Hick's hammer is a-bangin'
The receipts are pilin' up and Val is a-dangin'
The barber pole is spinnin', Pony's swords are a-clangin'
And one's on the way!

Yes, he's at it again. At the end of last week, I got this in an email:

All it said was, "Here's my new building." I think that was on Thursday. Saturday night, Hick went to get tin for his roof. The Pony helped him hoist it up on Sunday before we did the grocery shopping. While we were in town, Hick on a cool tin roof completed most of his structure.

Sunday evening, Hick sent me THIS:

I think we could start that little cottage roadside motel trend again, if we were on a major thoroughfare. Or else we need to get a train and give rides around our proposed amusement park.

10 comments:

  1. Maybe Hick could get a spot in the Guinness World Book of Records for the highest number of buildings per acre. That probably means he needs to really up construction efforts.

    I'll send him this suggestion,along with a link to the nearest Goodfeet Store. If he's on his feet building all those buildings, his feet might get sore and he'll need to get some million-dollar inserts made...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick is doing a pretty good job of spending my inheritance WITHOUT the help of The Good Feet Store. I'll thank you not to fan the flames under Hick's feet, Madam.

      As it is now, you can hardly throw a rock around here without hitting a Hick shack.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You ain't a-woofin'! Hick's love for building is eclipsed only by his love for talking. About himself. And his stuff.

      Delete
  3. Very creative. Maybe he could build a set of cabins for private retreats or hunter shacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he should build them and sell them. Giving ME the money, of course. Hick could be the new Lowe's, offering outbuildings of all shapes and sizes. Or if you go by these pretty sheds all in a row, ONE shape and size.

      Delete
  4. He's building a village. Too bad he isn't making you a writer's retreat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! Like a knife through the heart, the sharp disappointment at Hick's suggestion that I pick out a writer's retreat on the parking lot of Lowe's!

      It takes a Hick to raise a village.

      Delete
  5. I suspect Hick was deprived of Lego during his childhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be some kind of world-renowned psychic! Indeed, Hick was deprived of Legos during childhood. And just about everything else, too. Including shoes without holes in the soles, indoor plumbing, a family car, a father who could see, a mother out of the hospital, and a family doctor who thought he and his brothers would amount to anything.

      I complain about his uncanny ability to hone in on my last nerve, but I don't begrudge his his adult toys. Okay. That doesn't sound quite right. But you know what I mean.

      Delete