Hick's Freebie Magnet was pulling last week. He came home with three tomatoes.
"I've got tomatoes. A guy gave them to me down at my shop."
"Are they home-grown? Or the kind like from the store, that some people get a deal on and sell at a farmer's market."
"I don't know. He didn't say. He just gave me three tomatoes."
"These look too smooth to be home-grown. And really clean. I guess I'll find out when I slice one."
Later that night, I had my answer. The tomatoes were definitely store-bought adjacent. Firm inside, not many seeds, a lot of that pulp stuff. NO TASTE! If I had been fed a piece while blindfolded, I would never have guessed it was a tomato. Or course I ate that tomato anyway. I'm not one to waste a free tomato!
I had another one a couple days later. This one remains. I will offer it to Hick tonight, but will probably end up having it myself tomorrow. I don't think that guy was trying to pass them off as home-grown. I think he was just being generous. Maybe had more tomatoes than he needed.
I say this was a TINO. Tomato in name only.


No comments:
Post a Comment