Sunday, September 3, 2023

Out and About on The Pony's Route

The Pony spotted a UFO on his route Friday.


Which he quickly identified.


"Huh. That was new. Apparently Subway has a blimp now."

"I'm impressed. Thought it was just a UFO."

"I was like: Why is that *here*?"

"We do have several Subways, and a decent population with all the towns running together."

"Bill-Paying Town's airport can work a blimp???"

"Probably came out of St. Louis."

I can't imagine a blimp landing or launching from a local airport. I do like the design, looking like an unwrapped sandwich. Too bad they couldn't toss out a few footlongs on their voyage...

4 comments:

  1. Give them your coordinates and suggest it to headquarters. You might see flying subways you can eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could stand in the front yard/field with a big fishnet, waiting for lunch!

      We haven't had Subway for at least 6 months, maybe longer. There's one next to Save A Lot, so it's not far. The last 2 times we had it, the taste was different. I don't know what changed, but neither Hick's Cold Cut Combo, nor my Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki, were anywhere near as delicious as they were a couple years ago. I even like their tuna salad sandwich, which allegedly has no tuna in it. Maybe it has changed, too, if they were pressured into using real tuna!

      Delete
  2. We have Subways here too and my favourite is easily replicated at home apart from the bread roll. I like their "Italian" bread roll with the garlic and herbs and my usual filling of cheese, cucumber, red onion, sliced black olives and garlic mayo is easy enough to do at home on a burger bun, although burger buns are slightly sweet tasting. I had a sandwich with soft white bread and that exact filling just a couple of days ago. The men in my family most often go for the Meatball Sub with extra meatballs.
    I haven't seen a blimp in over a year here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genius or Hick used to get a meatball sub. The Pony actually preferred their PIZZA! Not all Subways offered it. An individual pizza with the ingredients you choose. The Pony just wanted cheese. Then they popped it in their oven they use to toast the bread. I don't think The Pony ever gets Subway now. There's one on the corner on his way home from work. He was also a fan of their cookies.

      Delete