Thursday, January 11, 2018

Plunging Temps, Warnings from MoDOT, Time for Val's Broccocaulipeppot!

We have a weather system rolling in, folks. Temperatures dropping from 62 this afternoon to teens overnight. Rain, freezing rain, and scattered snow on the way. Genius in Kansas City already got it, and it's headed our way. Which can only mean one thing: Val is serving Broccocaulipeppot for supper!

Surely you remember Val's Broccocaulipeppot. That delicious bowl of broccoli, cauliflower, sweet banana peppers, and potatoes! Now with baby carrots! I'm not changing the name, though! Broccocaulicarropeppot seems unwieldy.

Here's a picture of the process.


Mmm...steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots...pre-steaming!


With VELVEETA cheese! I know it's not really cheese. It's BETTER! Add a baked potato on top for mixing in, still with the (scrubbed) healthy peel. Chop it up, and stir in the sweet banana pepper rings...


VOILA! Broccocauli(carro)peppot! That's a big ol' bowl of vegetables right there! And a truckload of pasteurized processed cheese food.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, with an old baby blue sweatshirt to snuggle in, feasting on this ambrosia.

Hate me because I just got a blog post out of steamed vegetables.

16 comments:

  1. Broccoli is not my favorite and it leads to kidney stones according to my Dr. but Velveeta (a cheese LIKE product) will make anything good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! I didn't have you pegged for an antibroccoli-ite! Hick's doctor says cauliflower is bad for gout. Who knew that by giving him more broccoli than cauliflower, I was setting him up for kidney stones!

      Delete
  2. AND hate you because you're a lady of leisure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously a stab at my FOREVER VACATION retirement status...but I'm reeling from the fact that I am considered to be a LADY!

      Delete
  3. That does look yummy, but we don't get Velveeta out here. I'm going to have to find a substitute and maybe not the banana peppers either, they're hard to find, probably people here wait until they're in the store and swoop on them before I'm even out of bed.
    @joeh, broccoli leads to kidney stones?? I'll have to ask my doctor about that. I've been eating it for years. Maybe that's only for certain people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Velveeta? That's BARBARIC! The sweet banana pepper rings at a magnificent layer of flavor to the Broccocaulipeppot.

      Delete
  4. I remember a girlfriend of many years ago who steamed some broccoli and melted Velveeta over it. I thought she was déclassé until I tasted it. Yum! Haven't had it since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we can't all be gourmets, or nobody would be able to feel superior! Velveeta didn't get rich by not being tasty.

      Delete
  5. To me Velveeta is PLASTIC cheese!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of world would this be without PLASTIC? Not a world this ol' Val wants to live in, that's for sure!

      Delete
    2. OMG, fishducky is an anti-velveetite!

      Delete
    3. And quite possibly an antiplasticite!!!

      Delete
    4. I'd rather eat plastic than Velveeta!!

      Delete
    5. I guess it will go with the Pepsi! Unlike Velveeta, which should be paired with Diet Coke.

      Delete
  6. I grow banana peppers exclusively for one of my fave campers. He stuffs them with a special blend of sausage he brings from Pittsburg and tops them with marinara sauce and smothers it all with pepper jack cheese. He delivers the freshly baked delicacy to my office desk! yum. I am not a fan of Velveeta, I prefer a sharp cheddar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounded good until the marinara. I also like sharp cheddar, but not for melting.

      Delete