Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Tale of Two Pretties

There it is. The new bargain couch. In all its breathtaking glory. I don't know why the photo did not show the true color. Maybe The Pony should get the next phone upgrade in March.

Sofie is actually the color of an Army-issue duffel bag slung over the shoulder of Alan Alda as Hawkeye Pierce. Notice the spore pillows. Quite kitschy, I think. Of course, there's no explanation for the orb. I'm not even sure The Pony noticed it in his photo. Don't want to scare him away from his new daytime resting place. I don't think the orb came with Sofie. More likely a holdover from that second-hand dresser on the other side of the room. It seems to have been a catalyst for other happenings. While some would declare it to be a speck of dust in my ill-kempt house, I find it convenient that such dust does not appear in all snapshots.

Now I am a bit disturbed. I didn't notice that orb until I put this photo on the blog. Oh, well. Here's an orb of a different color. Okay. It's almost the same color, from the green family. The Pony says this is his favorite Christmas gift.

No dragon was harmed in the harvesting of this eye. It's actually an iris under a magnifying dome on the lid of a metal treasure-holding bowl/ball/orb/sphere thingy. I saw it on a website and knew this eye was earmarked for The Pony. In fact, upon surveying his take Christmas morning, The Pony's attention settled upon this acquisition. "Yeah. I think I won THAT contest." Meaning the unspoken competition between him and his nerd friends over who got the coolest gift. The eye is the size of a softball. He couldn't get a good picture without the glare. I think he was holding the peeper at arm's length to take the photo, because that's the floor and Hick's chainsaw sharpener and a book and a dagger sheath in the background. To the best of my eyes shod by The Charlatans Optical Delusions Emporium and Professional Prevaricators Shoppe. Those guys were piling their plethora of presents all willy-nilly about the room.

There you have it. A tale of two pretties.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, you and your little Dickens. It was obviously the best of times, and the worst of times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't like the way that green eye is looking at me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool orbs, both of them. Your ghost does seem to have a preoccupation with furniture, huh? I like Sophie, by the way. And my son would have loved that eyeball at that age. Just so it's not from a goat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sioux,
    My family had everything before them, I had nothing before me. Okay. I had some scratcher tickets, some jelly sticks, and The Heat. But compared to their haul, it was nothing, really.

    *****
    joeh,
    I'm not sure which orb scares you the most...the otherworldly one, or the giant eyeball. I'm dedicating that upper orb to you. The Cranky Old Orb, it shall be known from hereon.

    ******
    Stephen,
    I certainly hope it's not undressing you with its eye...

    *****
    Tammy,
    Sofie is cheap, but we have accepted her into our orb-riddled basement lair. No rectangular pupils for our giant eyeballs. We must draw the line somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool couch, Sofie will provide much comfort for the Pony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy,
    The Pony says it is not as deep as the old couch. He already dumped his laptop over the edge once. Luckily, it landed on the braided toenail rug that my grandma gave us many years ago. It's not actually made of toenails. That was just an extra benefit. That's another story. I think I told it once somewhere in my checkered blogging past.

    ReplyDelete