Tuesday, April 2, 2024

The Easter Feasters

The Pony joined us on Sunday for an Easter feast. I didn't go all out this time. Just ham, roasted vegetables, 7 layer salad, deviled eggs, stuffing, Sister Schubert's Rolls, and chips with dip. Now that I type it out, it seems like a lot!


The Pony certainly had recovered his appetite! He loves the roasted vegetables. Also the Schubert's rolls. That's The Pony's own personal pan. He doesn't like the peas in the 7 layer salad, so I made him a separate salad without them. He's got ham and cheese and sliced red onion, stuffing, deviled eggs, and plenty of dip for the chips.

My plate included a sandwich. That's how I like my ham. It was on Nutty Oat bread.


Okay, the ham overlapped the bread, but I had the thin slices, not like Hick's. I also love the roasted vegetables. A token couple of deviled eggs, a couple rolls, and my 7 layer salad. With which I had an issue, but don't feel like airing that now.

Hick wanted a giant slice of ham steak. I did not begrudge it.


There's that slab of meat, with deviled eggs, vegetables, stuffing, baby dills, and the 7 layer salad. Looks like Hick is not concerned with elbows on the table. Nor does he hold out his pinky finger on the fork. It's not like we're high society etiquette espousers. Not even a tablecloth or glass glasses.

What you can't see is Hick's attire. Black shirt, with neon-colored faces on it. He was wearing a KISS t-shirt! Not that there's anything wrong with that. But neither The Pony nor I had ever seen it before.

"Dad. What are you wearing?"

"A t-shirt."

"I know. But KISS? Why? Do you even know the name of anyone in the band? Do you know any of their songs?"

"No. But The Veteran gave me this t-shirt. So I'm wearing it."

An interesting choice on Easter Sunday, for dinner. Although Hick DID go to his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2) to do business from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00. Maybe he was trying to impress his customers. Said he had "several" lookers, but no buyers. I might have predicted that, except for the "lookers" part.

You may notice that the plates of The Pony and I are full. The Pony set my plate down while I was putting a couple cold items back in FRIG II. Hick had gone first, filling his plate. He was already chowing down while The Pony and I got our food! You'd think he could have waited, and not gone after it like a ravenous canine.

Anyhoo... dessert was just a choice of storebought stuff. Some M&M cookies, iced brownie bars, and cinnamon sweet rolls. The Pony took home all the brownies, and ate a cookie. Hick had a cookie and a sweet roll. I had a cookie later that evening.

We all enjoyed ourselves, and Hick took The Pony home at 5:30 with a bag of leftovers.

8 comments:

  1. Val, I have to tell you that your Easter dinner looks scrumptious. You did a good job in determining what to make for the dinner. I'm glad The Pony's appetite is back to normal:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this meal exceptionally delicious! Maybe because I made it, heh, heh! The Pony sure did put away some vittles!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a feast to me! I would have helped you eat that salad! I never make it, but I should. It seems silly to make a giant salad for just the two of us. I think maybe I will make one for the night before Thanksgiving when we go to my sister-in-law's. The crowd won't be as big as Thanksgiving Day and I will make sure I get the biggest serving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that salad, but it is indeed just for Hick and me. You would deserve the biggest serving! It's not hard to make, just time-consuming. I could use the storebought shredded cheddar, but it's so much better when I get a block of extra sharp cheddar and grate it myself.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Suemn, it does look scumptious. I might just buy some sliced ham today and have myself a ham sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks delicious. I would have taken home the brownies, too. I did not like peas but my mother insisted I eat them. When I was eight, I refused and never let another pass through my lips. When I was an adult and after my mother died, I found out I am allergic to peas! At last, I now have a good excuse.
    Men seem to not mind elbows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I hated peas forever! When I was a kid in elementary school, I refused to eat my peas at supper. My dad decreed that I sit at the table until I finished them. We ate supper at 5:10 when he got home from work. I sat at that table until after 9:00! Carol Burnett was on! I could hear her taking questions from the audience. The kitchen was dark by then. I ate my COLD SLIMY PEAS so I could go to bed. I can only stomach peas in this salad, or my noodle mushroom dish, or soup.

      Delete