Saturday, April 13, 2024

Apparently, Parking Space Lines Are Just a Suggestion

Here we go again. The victimization of Val by a rumpushole who had no respect for a handicap parking space. This was on Wednesday at the Backroads Casey's. Let the record show that there is only one handicap parking space there. It is at the right end of the store. I parked T-Hoe with plenty of space left by the line denoting the parking space. I did not inconvenience anyone. There is no space to my right. I'm at the end.

Anyhoo... I went inside to cash in my scratchers and get more. Nobody was ahead of me. A quick exchange, and I was back out. EXCEPT... a rumpushole had parked in a space that wasn't even a space!


That is NOT a parking space! If I had parked T-Hoe without cheating over to allow door room, that rumpushole could not have squeezed his dented car in between. It may look like he's even closer to the other car, but that's just the angle of my photo.

Let the record show that T-Hoe's door has two notches for opening. ALL THE WAY, which allows Val's knees to bend enough to get in, and NOT FAR ENOUGH, which does not. This placement would not even have allowed the NOT FAR ENOUGH opening without hitting that rumpushole's car. The mirror is an added obstruction. Maybe if I was Slender Man with two good knees, I could have climbed  T-Hoe. I am neither.

I had to stand against the brick wall to wait for this rumpushole to complete his shopping and return. My knees do not like standing. I walked around to the passenger side to get my phone out of T-Hoe and take these pictures. Hobbling is more comfortable than standing.


As you can see, Val left enough room for T-Hoe's door to open fully within her parking space. Barring a 20-something rumpushole parking over the line into her rightful territory, because he didn't want to park in an actual space farther away from the door. Being entitled to park wherever he felt like it, you know.

I certainly hope Even Steven has access to the rumpushole's permanent record.

6 comments:

  1. If I had not been reared better, I would damage this car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a benefit to being older and having more insurance!

      Delete
  2. If the driver of that car does this often it might explain some of the dents in his vehicle. Perhaps not everyone is as nice to him as you were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine someone beating the Not-Heaven out of his car. To paraphrase Chris Rock, I'm not saying anyone was right to do that, BUT I UNDERSTAND!

      Delete
  3. Walking through our local supermarket parking lot recently I noticed one whole section has had some of the lines painted over black with new lines marking out wider spaces for larger cars. It's a great idea with so many people now having the big SUVs, but most people still try to park in the side spaces closer to the store. I could wish for wider spaces in your area, but it won't stop the idiots who park where they shouldn't just because their car fits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some places have wider spaces than others. I wonder if the owner tells the striping company how many spaces they want to get, and that's a factor. Of course the striping company would know a standard minimum width, I would think.

      Delete