Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Hick Calls It Black Light Bingo

I think it should be called BINGLOW!

Anyhoo... Hick said that on Tuesday, the Senior Center was going to the public library to play Black Light Bingo. It's half a block up the street, and one block down from the Senior Center. I asked Hick if they were expected to walk.

"I don't know. But I'm driving."

Heh, heh. The parking there probably put him farther away than just walking from the Senior Center. There's no parking lot. It used to be the building where I worked at the unemployment office. That parking lot has been taken over by the main post office, which is just behind it.

Anyhoo... Hick sent me a picture of the event:


Oh, look! Everyone is so happy!

Anyhoo... I asked Hick if he won a "price."

"Yeah. We had the choice of a book or a snack."

Heh, heh. I'm sure you already know what Hick chose! It was an individual pack of Oreos. By the time I found out, Hick had already eaten them.

Hick also went to play bar bingo later that evening. Didn't win a thing there. But I'm sure you knew that, too.

12 comments:

  1. Fun times. Have you ever played bingo and won? That would really bother Hick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! You're right. That WOULD really bother Hick. But I don't play bingo. My grandma used to (Mom's mom), and won all the time. To the point family members wondered if she might have found a way to cheat!

      Delete
  2. Big decision but I'd take the snack too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on the book. Hick said they were getting rid of some books. Even though I've only seen him read two books in all the time we've been married.

      Delete
  3. Blackout Bingo looks rather weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still bingo, no matter what the lighting.

      Delete
  4. Oops, I meant Black Light Bingo. Still looks weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently the library hosts it a couple times a month. They recently had a version for parents and kids.

      Delete
  5. I would have chosen the book because they last far longer than a package of cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, even if Hick decided to use the book as a doorstop!

      Delete
  6. My son hated bingo because he never, ever won anything at the school carnivals while I and his two sisters won. He preferred a cake walk where he could be active, plan his moves, and win a cake. He won seven cakes at one carnival at the cake walk.

    Didn't you say Hick was diabetic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot of cakes! Yes, I've mentioned that about Hick many times.

      Delete