Sunday, April 7, 2024

The Pony Relaxes After a Tough Week

On Saturday, The Pony could finally exhale, after a tough week of delivering mail on a leg afflicted by his second dog bite in a week's time. He treated himself to a bottle of wine, Raspberry Tart. And a steak to cook for dinner. 

"Gonna run by Country Mart, grab their best steak plus some stuff, and get good and sauced while making a steak/salad/pasta dinner, once I'm off."

"Be careful."

"Yes, I'm gonna try not to scald my hand with butter and oil again."


"Ooh! What kind is that?"

"No clue. It was labeled as 'beef rib steak.' There's a random bit of bone in half of the tail part. And another on the side. But it smells good."

"Bon appetit!"

The result looked pretty good!


Aww. There's The Pony's mail satchel in the background. Looks like a delicious meal to me.

10 comments:

  1. Yum, what a good meal The Pony made for himself. I really like the convenience of bagged salads where you can add other fixings if desired or just add the dressing. The Pony's salad looks delicious. To think, when I was growing up I hated salads and vegetables. Now, I love them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pony's salad DOES look good. I think he tries a variety of the bagged salads. I'd rather chop up some hearts of romaine and add what I want. I don't like that purple stuff in the bagged salad, and pick it out! The Pony was also not a fan of "vinchtables" as a youngster.

      Delete
    2. The purple stuff is red cabbage.

      Delete
    3. I like my cabbage green! The purple stuff is bitter.

      Delete
  2. I am impressed that he cooked instead of buying something to eat. I love the red cabbage, radicchio, in the bags of salad. I don't buy the ones that have dressing and stuff. Do you have a picture of his leg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pony sometimes has food delivered, but on his night before a day off, he'll take time to cook. I hate that red cabbage! The Pony just buys the regular bags, not like the ones with the Caesar dressing and stuff. I'll try to work in the most recent picture of his leg tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. The Pony knows how to rise above his travails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. A little wine and some steak can be quite soothing.

      Delete
  4. That looks like a meal fit for a king.

    ReplyDelete