Monday, April 15, 2024

How Do You Like THAT Green-Apple?

Once again, Val sits atop her high horse, looking down her nose, askance, at a rumpushole who seems to think he's entitled to park in a handicap space with no documentation.

Yes, Val's nostrils are flaring in that rarefied air, her knees throbbing, her head about to explode, at the thought of an able-bodied person usurping her rightful parking space.


Granted, I was in the handicap space next to that one. But by the time I finished picture-taking to shame a rumpushole, the 10Box employees had added a string of carts in that striped space, that extended to the last white line of that area. I had to walk around them to get to the door. What's the advantage of a handicap space if it makes you walk extra steps?

Anyhoo, on my way around the rear of that motorcycle, I saw that it did not have a handicap license plate. Is that a thing? Can you get a handicap plate or placard for a motorcycle? This one had neither. 

Let the record show, I did not see anybody ride a beeper cart out those doors while I was standing at the lottery machines. Yet the motorcycle was gone when I left.


Is that a thing? Do handicapped people ride motorcycles? And if so, shouldn't they be held to the same regulations as car-drivers? I'm not saying that rider might not have COPD, or a heart issue. But surely the same placard or license plate rules should apply.

Otherwise, it's just another rumpushole in Val's elevated high-horse eyes.

8 comments:

  1. You brought up an interesting question. From what I found on the internet, you can get a handicap license for a motorcycle. I've never noticed a motorcycle parked in a handicap space but I also don't pay attention to any vehicle parked there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagined as much, but didn't bother to check into it. I realize there are different levels of abled-ness. Things not apparent when you see someone get out of a car or off a motorcycle to walk into the store.

      I wouldn't complain if I saw an obvious limp, even if somebody had no special license or placard. Perhaps they sprained an ankle. But if I don't see a struggle, and there's no evidence of a permit, I become quite judgmental of handicap parkers!

      Once I saw a guy park his motorcycle in the yellow-striped triangle area painted at the end of a row of Walmart spaces. Anarchy! What's next, riding on the sidewalk, and into the store???

      Delete
  2. I would have the urge to accidentally stumble, grab at the motorcycle for support and knock it over. Thankfully, I do not follow these urges I get. I would probably just hurt myself. I am continually amazed at the inconsideration of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm sure such a tactic would backfire for me!

      Delete
  3. Frustrating. I looked up to see how in the world a motorcycle driver is disabled. Apparently, a disabled person would be the one catching the ride. Well, then. I'd be scared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a mystery, just from the location of a motorcycle!

      Delete
  4. It's a fine looking motorbike for sure. Even sitting in the wrong place, it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably why he just "happened" to park it up front in a handicap space for safekeeping! I DO like the color. It's my favorite.

      Delete