Tuesday, January 19, 2021

People Bend Over Backwards (Farther Than Chinese Acrobats) to Please Hick

Hick must exude a pheromone that hypnotizes people into doing his bidding. Something he gives off, whether chemical or psychological, makes people line up to ask how high they can jump for him.

I was a bit concerned about Hick yesterday. I saw SilverRedO parked over by the Freight Container Garage when I left for town around 1:30. I hadn't heard anything from him all day. He didn't come in for lunch. No text about what he might be doing. He'd been keeping me updated for a week or two. But now he was incommunicado. When I got home, I forgot to look for SilverRedO as I went by, since it involves turning my head around backwards like an owl. I told The Pony to send him a text.

"Do you have your phone in there? Text Dad and see if he's okay. If he doesn't answer, I'm going to send you over to check on him. His truck was over at his new building when I left."

A few minutes later, the house phone rang. I was unable to answer, being in the master bathroom changing into my lair-wear. I heard The Pony answer.

"Oh, Mom. Dad says he's going to get something from one of his buddies. And that he doesn't need anything for supper. He has part of a sub sandwich from Casey's. They made too much."

Huh. Imagine that. I got the full story later in the evening, not straight from The Pony's mouth, but from Hick himself.

"I went in Casey's to order a 6-inch sub. The girl behind the deli counter said, 'I'm going to make a foot-long if that's okay.' I said it was, and she made me a foot-long, and only charged me for the 6-inch sub."

If I only knew what Hick emits from his pores, I could bottle it, and he could sell it at his Storage Unit Store, and give me a 50-percent cut of the action!

6 comments:

  1. A foot long Sub for half price? I want some of whatever it is Hick has. I sometimes buy a footlong and get them to wrap each half separately because I can only eat half at a time, so that way I get lunch and dinner, just like Hick did. But I pay full price for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why she would randomly offer Hick such a discount! He says about every two weeks, they give him his donuts for free, too. We used to get Subway footlongs when they were buy one/get one free, and save the other halves for the next day.

      Delete
  2. Possibly they are using things nearing their use by date and Hick is just in the right place at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. But I don't think a use-by date would keep them from trying to sneak it in and sell it at regular price. Because WHO WOULD KNOW? There's one health inspector for all the businesses in the county. The odds of getting caught are slim. But I WOULD trust Casey's more than Country Mart.

      Delete
  3. Same thing with HeWho! Everybody offers up deals to him. Me? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we could bottle their special essence, and use it to barter for things we want!

      Delete