Saturday, January 2, 2021

Father Time Snaps the Lid Shut on Val's 2020 Future Pennyillionaire Fortune, and Val takes Baby New Year By the Hand as They Toddle into 2021

Are you on the edge of your seat? Anybody have some upside-down 5-gallon plastic buckets for a drumroll? Did Val break her 2019 penny-finding record? Hold your horses...

On SATURDAY, December 26, after sending the SATURDAY CENTSus to post, Val discovered a promising sign on the parking lot of the School-Turn Casey's.

 
I was on my way to mail a regular letter to Genius when I stopped to get him a couple of scratchers to tuck into the envelope. My favorite parking space was available, with nothing parked nearby. I bopped in and bought the tickets. On the way back to T-Hoe, I spied a PENNY! Hard to see there in the light. It fooled me on the way in, but not on the way out!
 
 
It was a face-down 1975 penny, much more photogenic in its close-up. I grabbed it before an anti-Future-Pennyillionaire-record-breakerite could step out of the shadows like a villain trying to steal Charlie Bucket's golden ticket, and dropped it in my shirt pocket for a ride home to the Official 2020 Penny Goblet Dessert Dish.
__________________________________________________________________
 
MONDAY, December 28, I stopped by Orb K. My favorite parking spot was taken, so I parked a couple cars past it. Rather than step up on the sidewalk, I walked behind the cars to get to the little concrete ramp beside their handicap spot. Well, lookie there!
 
 
A PENNY lined up behind the backup camera of the car that was parked in my favorite space! If I had parked T-Hoe there, I never would have seen it! T-Hoe doesn't have backup cameras. But because I was walking along there to get to the ramp, I SAW MY RIGHTFUL PENNY!

 
It was a face-down 1998 penny, all beat up and skinned from being run over. In fact, The Pony had to decipher the year for me. I couldn't do it, even with my magnifying glass. Surely The Pony could not have been swayed by the fact that he was born in 1998...
____________________________________________________________
 
I had high hopes for setting a new record this week. But alas, Even Steven was satisfied with a tie. That's like kissing your sister the ex-mayor's wife! But a tie IS better than a loss! So I finished 2020 with 134 PENNIES, same as in 2019. I had harvested 25 DIMES, which was an increase of 5 from 2019. NICKELS gathered were 2 more than in 2019. And QUARTERS were hard to find, resulting in a decrease of 4 from 2019. 

So... I broke two records, tied one, and suffered a crushing defeat in another. Still, considering the conditions during most of 2020, I consider my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune harvest a success!

2021, I'm lookin' at YOU! I already had my New Year's Day black-eyed peas!
____________________________________________________________
 
2020 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 133, 134.
Dime         still at 25.
Nickel       still at 10.
Quarter    still at 1.

2019 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        20
Nickel        8
Quarter      5
_____________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Only a loss in the quarter stakes is a good result. Here's hopes for 2021 seeing increases in all finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely, you will do better this next year. Congrats on the finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I am rarin' to go! If it wasn't for my bad knees, I would have been crouched down in starting-block position on Jan 1. Maybe at 11:59 Dec 31.

      Delete