Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls of Wood!

Every now and then, Val misspeaks. Oh, she says exactly what she wants to say. She simply does not stop to consider the ramifications of her pronouncements.

Let the record show that it has been 25 days since the local junior college science fair. And that The Pony still has not removed parts of his project from the homestead and the T-Hoe. Only Saturday, Hick threatened The Pony with destruction. "I'm going to throw away your project today."

"Meh. Go ahead."

Which was perhaps an error in Hick's judgment, or an idle threat, or simply a final notice. In any case, the two-liter bottles full of various kinds of dirt, with aquarium tubing poking through their sides at various heights, are still sitting on the porch by the garage. Makes me no nevermind. I don't use the side-porch.

However...a length of 2"x2" lumber about 18 inches long resides in T-Hoe's rear. It doesn't bother me until we do the shopping every weekend. That piece of wood won't stack with the three umbrellas and long blue ice scraper/brush on that are jammed against the edge of the cargo compartment, their ends poked between the wall and the third seat. Anything I try to stack there, such as three-packs of Puffs With Lotion, or cases of bendy straws, and especially 20-packs of Coke or Sprite, slide off and to the center, where they skate back and forth as I turn. Sedately. Within the speed limit. I don't like to hear things scooting around behind me.

Sunday afternoon, the timber hit the fan.

"Pony! You need to get this out of here. I am tired of you having wood in the car!"

"At least you don't have to stand in the middle of Little Caesars holding my balls anymore."

Touche'.

6 comments:

  1. I have a RAV and I hate it when things slide around in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this blog have a rating?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, good times.

    You and The Pony know how to entertain yourselves...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen,
    I am assuming that you have never had to tell CJ to stop having wood in you car...

    ******
    Catalyst,
    As a matter of fact, it does not. And for the record, the weather in Backroads today was hot. Sofa King hot!

    ******
    Sioux,
    We are each picking up what the other is laying down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to remember when a bumpy road might cause that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let the record show that you are banned from riding in T-Hoe along our gravel roads!

      Delete