Sunday, March 22, 2015

And Now, It's Time to Play "Guess That Contraption!"

Sorry. I don't have a high-dollar host for my little show. It's still in its infancy. So let us get right to the point.

Do You Know What THIS Is?





Come on. I know some of you old fogies will recognize it. In fact, my first guess was right, but I had discarded it immediately when I saw those two screwdriver-looking projections. You know what they always say...stick with your first instinct.

Here are some clues, in case the answer is not as clear as the nose on your face:

*It was in my mom's safe

*It's about an inch long

*My sister the ex-mayor's wife didn't fight me for it

*It was in a square plastic box with a clear top, laying on a green piece of foam that had aged into powder

*Mom did not work for the defense industry


Good luck. There's no prize or anything. Not even a grand title to brag about. And I suppose if you guess right, you will be dating yourself. Not in a creepy honking your horn instead of going to the door to pick yourself up for a movie and burger and fries kind of dating. Like showing everybody how old you are, without making them cut you open and count the rings, or analyzing your Carbon 14. (Heh,heh. I said ANALyzing!).

Best of luck, and may you all win.

9 comments:

  1. I have absolutely NO idea--is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...not sure, but I think it has something to do with coleslaw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thingy that holds the needle on a phonograph player OR the key to Grant's tomb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't they use one of these in Fifty Shades of Gray?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's an inch long? It must be a tool to get miniature goats untrapped when they get their horns stuck in the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winner, winner, gas station chicken dinner goes to...LEENIE! Okay. There's not really a gas station chicken dinner. But Leenie got the closest to what this is. In fact, she may be entirely right. The back side of that thing has "78" where the front side has "LP" carved in. AND there was a little tiny folded booklet that showed a stereo. So it has something to do with the stylus. However...I haven't found a picture yet that shows TWO of these prongy things.

    fishducky,
    Thanks for playing. I'm gonna have to commend you on your honesty.

    *****
    joeh,
    DANG IT! We had fish for supper, and I forgot the coleslaw sitting all forlorn on the top shelf of Frig II. Instead we had Cheesed Broccocaulipeppot. Which was delicious, I might add, but not SLAW.

    *****
    Leenie,
    I haven't been to Grant's Tomb, so I can't rule that out. I have, however, been to Grant's Inn, for a post-wedding dinner, upon my official union with Hick. It's out of business now. Burned down. We will not take the fall.

    *****
    Stephen,
    I will never know. Have to take your word for it.

    ******
    Sioux,
    That could work. If we still had our miniature goats. Perhaps it could be used to wedge between the head of a female faculty member and the faucet of a faculty restroom sink, then when electricity is applied, the head could be yanked loose, and thus free up firemen for more pressing assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. See. You spend your youth driving your parents insane by playing little yellow records over and over and over and then years later your knowledge becomes the key to earning official geezer wings and a fake gas station chicken dinner. SCORE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you solution to the suicide sword puzzle. It's the obvious answer. Not real chicken dinner for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leenie,
    Thanks for the not-real chicken dinner. I know a rudimentary curling iron when I see one clutched in a king's hand.

    Your misspent youth has won you a prize.

    ReplyDelete