Saturday, March 7, 2015

I'm Gonna Need a Chart to Keep a Tally

I Want You to Know

i saw
a ladybug
this morning
on the floor

of the
master bathroom
red against
the green tile

one month
but who's counting
since my mom's
last breath
 

Yes, there seems to be a theme around this house. I barely noticed it, sitting there on the toilet, me, not the ladybug, which was on the floor, try to keep up, won't you, and not sitting on the toilet LIKE THAT, but in clothes, on a folded towel, as I colored my hair, which is no secret, thanks to my sister the ex-mayor's wife.

It has been 31 days, a full month, since Mom died. Her birthday was on the 31st, but of an upcoming month. I don't know why my mind fiddles with the numbers and makes that connection. It's just something to do, I guess, while sitting on the toilet waiting for my hair to make me look younger than my little sister.

I took three squares of toilet paper and picked up the ladybug, after I was youth-enized, and had showered and dressed. I let it go out the front door, to join, perhaps, the one The Pony let go out the basement door LAST Saturday.

Maybe I should check the drop ceiling.

Oh, yeah. We don't have one.

10 comments:

  1. It is good that you had a square to spare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and that a Humpty-Dumpty with a melon head did not run into the bathroom to see if i was refunding.

      Delete
  2. Darn it. Joeh took my reply.

    Do you watch "The Big Bang Theory"? Do you need Lewis Black to check to determine if it is indeed a ladybug?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did your mom used to join you in the bathroom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen,
    That's right. He has a good grip on his Seinfeld.

    *****
    Sioux,
    Ya snooze, ya lose! You've got me on The Big Bang Theory. That's too modern for me to keep tabs on. But I do know about Lewis Black, and he frightens me, so no, his help will not be necessary.

    *****
    Linda,
    We can be like Roy Clark and Buck Owens on Hee Haw, but without the musical talent, and instead of "I'm a-pickin'" and "I'm a-grinnin'," our act will be "I'm a-snifflin'" and "I'm a-snivelin'."

    *****
    Kathy,
    Of course, what more fitting a place could there be for Val Thevictorian?

    *****
    fishducky,
    No. But she would have it I'd asked her!

    She had the ceiling of her family room full of ladybugs. They crawled around the room during the day, and she'd vacuum them off the curtains and carpet and let them go outside. I told her to get an exterminator, and she said they didn't really bother her, because they went back up in the ceiling at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have left comment so n your blog via my cell, but apparently they haven't shown up. I am not ignoring you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something weird has been going on for the last couple of weeks. Usually, once I publish the comments, they show up on my email account. Now only a couple show up there, so I might have published 7 comments, but my email only shows 2 for that post. I checked the 5PAM folder, but nothing new is there. Blogger conspires against me. And you.

      Delete