Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Long Noodles Go a Long Way

Here's an update on the Ponytail Guy's meatballs. We were planning on free spaghetti with free red sauce and free meatballs. THEN Hick switched up the plan.
 
"I looked at those meatballs, and they're CHICKEN meatballs. So I didn't bring them. I brought over those sausage pieces to put in the sauce. I liked it that way."
 
Huh. Meatballs are meatballs, aren't they? Why would chicken be in meatball shape if they weren't meant to have in a red sauce with pasta? Maybe I'm out-thinking myself. Doesn't matter to me. I had no plans to eat the spaghetti anyway. So I made the sauce with sausage, and Hick and The Pony feasted like it was good.

Here's the thing. Hick brought the whole box of spaghetti noodles in the house. I tasked The Pony with taking out five boxes for us to keep. When he did so, he made a discovery.

"Um. Mom? There are more that 12 boxes of spaghetti. There are 20 boxes of spaghetti!"


According to The Pony, this is a brand sold at Target. I can't verify that. I'm not a Target shopper. But he used to get it when he shopped at college. Anyhoo... Hick already has a mental list of buddies he's going to bestow this noodleage on.

Also, Hick revealed that he didn't get anything from the Ponytail Guy last week because he brings stuff on Fridays, and the Ponytail Guy had something else to do and didn't come to the storage units Friday. Hick talked to him by phone, and Ponytail Guy said that his wife's agency had gotten a notice that since Missouri no longer has a problem with the VIRUS (?), their shipment of food boxes was being reduced to 10! Well. That was news to her, and after further inquiry and explanation, she is now expecting 1000 food boxes this week. 

Nobody knows what will be in them. Six boxes will be coming to Storage Unit Cronies. Anybody who asks can get one. 994 will have to find homes elsewhere.

6 comments:

  1. Well, Gee! So, all the people out of work are back to work? No problem with virus? News to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if this notice went out to all counties, or a certain region, or just that one distribution point. Something seems off. She got them back after contacting the office that notified her, so maybe it was a data entry error or something.

      Delete
  2. I'd be happy for them to ship a food box downunder to me, a couple even, I have friends to share them with.
    :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only the shipping didn't cost more than the food inside! Yes, you have a regular house full of friends to share with.

      Delete
  3. Spaghetti one hundred ways. I think I know what your family will be having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be having it five ways. Only kept five boxes. I cook the whole box at once. It gives four or five servings, depending on how hungry Hick and The Pony are. Hick likes the leftovers better than the first night. He's not one for sauce, and the noodles soak it up overnight.

      Delete