Saturday, November 14, 2015

Let the Record Show That Val is Ready for THIS





Yes, Val is ready for a repeat of this weather from December 6, 2013.

Usually, we don't get our first accumulating snow until after Christmas. But only two short years ago, we had it on December 6th! Which is not very far away. A snow so early that we had not even made our picks in the snow pool at work! Nobody was complainin', however!

I think this one got us out of school for a whole week. We had to move the end of the semester back a week. Until we returned after New Year.

I don't know what I'll do after I retire (in only 6 short months!) and snow days lose their meaning. It might take a year or two for me to obsessively stop watching the 10-day forecast.

Then again, I might still feel compelled to watch. Thinking of the cozy days Hick will be cooped up in the house with me.


8 comments:

  1. Ah snow days, I may have to post on them from a kids eye view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping that your dad didn't pull you on a toboggan with a rope tied to a 4-wheeler, and not notice when you fell off! The Pony has not quite forgiven Hick for that. The plastic toboggan hanging on the garage wall won't let that wound heal.

      Delete
  2. Hey Val ~ Long time no stop at your blog! So sorry! :-(
    I haven't stopped to leave comments, or barely skim through blogs in a long time....even yours! (another sad face!) BUT, when I saw the picture of Big Snow, I just had to stop. I'm a snow-lover myself, and it has nothing to do with working or driving or not doing those things. I just love it! I love watching it float down, looking soft and beautiful and quiet.....I very much hope you get MANY snow days during your last year of teaching! WOW, I did not know about that. Of course, if I read your blog once in a while, I'd probably already know about that bit of news...plus a lot more! Happy to know you'll be retiring! ...and if I'm not back here before Turkey Day....Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. A big snow makes me want to turn on the electric fireplace, put my feet up in the La-Z-Boy (okay, I want to do that all the time, for no special reason), and sip on a cup of hot chocolate with mini marshmallows while I watch the flakes fall out the front window.

      Delete
  3. I hope you don't have the same effect on weather as you do on random number generators. So just stop those mystical powers already. Some of us are not ready at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to stop Val's mystical powers is like trying to stop Hick from constructing more themed shacks. Perhaps I will wish for the storm to take a southern track...

      Delete
  4. Cooped up with Hick? Redrum.

    Redrum.

    Redrum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly don't want him to come after me with a hatchet and the crazy eyes, yelling "Heeeeere's HICKY!"

      Delete