There are lots of things I'm not telling you. Not because I'm secretive, but because I can't remember what I wanted to tell you.
I have a little file where I stash my scathingly brilliant ideas. On days when I don't spy something shiny and sit down to wing it, I peep into that file. I'm sure you all have one. Cathy C. Hall says we need more. More notes to ourselves. I suppose the reasoning there is that with more, at least a couple of them will make sense. So with that concept in mind, I would like to share some of the scathing brilliance that has been languishing in my Write Now file.
1) If you give Farmer H directions/chicken jelly/green beans/pans/Genius not eat
2) class county mice beat by 36 / name off program / facilities
3) Moonshiner popcorn
4) Bone rabbit graveyard delivery men wrong house
5) Each creature in its own manner clung tightly to the twigs and rocks at the river bottom, for clinging was their way of life, and resisting the current what each had learned from birth.
6) The complete lyrics of All Summer Long by Kid Rock
7) Tuna salad, though tasty, is best NOT mixed with a metal fork in a Styrofoam bowl
8) Shoes were mine
9) Dog snouts poking like sharks at a bloody piece of meat, tail whipping like a cane for a hooligan
10) Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the left here I am stuck in the middle turn lane
12) Scream and pull hair out more effective that pull hair out and scream
13) Fatfare for the Common Woman TM trademark not tmi
There you have it. A baker's dozen of Val's tasty puff pieces that don't ring a bell. A couple of them kind of set off a weak buzzing sound...but no bell-ringers. Although it seems like I had an issue making tuna salad. And that one is a quote from Illusions, by Richard Bach. Not that I know what significance it has to something I wanted to write.
What cryptic note do you have laying around? Or, if you're not a note-taker, what scenario could have inspired one of my ideas listed above?