Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Hick Needs a New Marketing Strategy

Hick has an item he has been trying to sell since last year at this time. It's been in his Storage Unit Store, with no takers. No interest. This week, he changed his marketing plan.

"I've got a crock pot that's a football. I was sure somebody would want it, but nobody's even looked at it. I think I'll move it up front, with the Super Bowl coming up."

"A crock pot?"

"Yeah. In the shape of a football."

"You mean a warmer? Like for dip or something?"

"A crock pot. Like a football. With a lid."

"It sounds like more of a warmer for serving hot food. What's kind of lid does it have?"

"A lid that goes down on it."

!!!!!!!!!

"Uh. ALL lids go down on it. That's what a LID does! What's it made of?"

"It's a football."

"IS IT GLASS OR PLASTIC! Just answer the question! I know it's not a leather football."

"Well, it's plastic, to look like a football. But the underneath part is glass."

"I'm just saying, I don't know why anybody would want a crock pot shaped like a football, for cooking regular crock pot stuff. But they might want a warmer to serve snacks during parties they have to watch a game."

"Yeah. But nobody wants it. I think I'll move it up front. By my football stuff."

"Where DID you have it?"

"In the back, with the cooking stuff. Because it's a crock pot."

"Maybe it's because people don't shop at flea markets during Super Bowl post-season. It was 26 degrees this weekend!" 

Anyhoo...Hick was scheduled to sell stuff at an auction on Monday night. He had it all packed up. Decided to take the "football crock pot" with him. Sadly, on the way out of Backroads, he saw a gal come around a curve and spin 3 times on the just-snowed road, and into a ditch. He decided not to go to the auction.

I asked Hick how much he was asking for his "football crock pot."

"Eight dollars."

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I might offer him five. No, no, no, don't tell him that. SWMBO would skin me alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she would. Because then she'd need to have another garage sale to get rid of it! Your car wouldn't be happy, either...

      Delete
  2. Perfect for serving dip at Super Bowl. I could use it in my basement for snacking while watching the game by my self away fro the annoying Super Bowl Parties where one side of the room screams froa a replay and more beer and the other side asks where the game is being played and critiques the uniform colors. I HATE SUPER BOWL parties! Besides I never get invited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could also keep your wings warm! If Genius was still at home, I'd use it myself. He and Hick always loved their Super Bowl snacks. Ooh! It would be good for that Hot Wing Dip, with shredded chicken and cheese and Frank's RedHot Original Sauce.

      Delete
  3. Could you go to a flea market with a jar of salsa and some Velveeta? Not to make any in the pot, but to show what to do when the Big Game rolls around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick could market it that way! Set a jar of salsa, and an empty Velveeta box in it. He could give away the salsa, but I'm not footing the bill to give away Velveeta!

      Delete
  4. It looks like the perfect thing for holding warmed foods or snacks for watching the superbowl at home with mates, or half fill it with crushed ice to keep the beers cold. Perhaps Hick could display it that way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I hadn't thought of the cold beer angle.

      Delete