Sunday, January 5, 2020

The Pot Calling the Peddler Back

Hick has a variety of wares for sale at his Storage Unit Store. One of them is a steamer trunk. He offered it on Buy/Sell/Trade on Thursday. A few hours later, he had somebody interested.

"Is your steamer trunk still available?"

"Yes."

"Will you take a trade?"

"It depends on what it is. I deal in cash, but I've made trades before. What do you have?"

"Bud."

"Bud? I'm not sure what you mean."

"Weed."

"No. I won't be trading for that."

Heh, heh! That's not legal in Missouri. Although recreational use DID become legal in Illinois on Wednesday. Not saying that the trunk lady is from Illinois. But it's a scant 45-minute trip from Backroads to cross the river.

Hick will sell his trunk another day. That gal made him an offer he could refuse.

10 comments:

  1. I'd have to try a sample first.

    Have to give you a 9 of 10 on the Title meter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how I love my titles! Sometimes, I've been known to write a post, just to use a title that came to mind. This one fell into my lap.

      Hick is not about to take a chance on doing something that will draw attention to his big-ticket sale items. And I'm NOT talking about the steamer trunk. You never know when such an offer might be a set-up. As my well-honed conspiracy-theory mind told Hick.

      Delete
  2. Someday the trunk will find a new home. Buds or no, it will go to its home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hick is wiser than he appears, bud is a bad, bad trade option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, because he can't openly sell it for at least a dollar profit!

      Delete
  4. It is legal here across the river which makes things very difficult for the local police.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine some "entrepreneurs" will make it more easily available around here now, too.

      Delete
  5. When I was married to a mechanic, one of the guys who came into his shop asked if he would work on his car outside of the shop. It would be extra money. I asked my ex how much? he said they hadn't talked fees. When the job was complete, the guy pulled out a six pack of beer and said he would have some pot later. I was irate with my ex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know how bartering is going to end up!

      Delete