Thursday, January 9, 2020

Val, the Slower Picker-Upper

Bounty paper towels have no need to worry. Val is NOT usurping their turf. She's the snail to their cheetah, the century to their nanosecond. She only picks up solids, and that very rarely. It requires bending, you know. So much like exercise. Val's bending is mainly reserved for PENNIES.

I stopped for the mail Wednesday, and something caught my eye as I clambered out of T-Hoe.


No, silly! Not gravel. That implement of tire destruction partially embedded in the gravel! I could have left it there. No skin off my nose, no accidental fraction of an inch off my ample rumpus. But I got to thinking about it. Once upon a time, T-Hoe had a flat tire because of just such a bolt. The front tire drives over it, flinging it into the air, or standing it on end, just in time for the back tire to be pierced by it!


I haven't told Hick yet. The bolt is still out in the garage, resting comfortably on T-Hoe's console. You can bet I'll share this info with Hick, so he can sing my praises. Even though Hick is a pretty good singer, praises are kind of foreign to him.

One more hazard off the road, courtesy of Val, the slower picker-upper.

12 comments:

  1. I would have just left it for fear the bolt was holding the road together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might need some bolts in Hick and Buddy's Badly Blacktopped Hill.

      Delete
  2. I found the same thing at Wal
    mart, picked it up and put on the street light posty.

















    my good deed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like we are Weirdo Magnets, those bolts are Tire Magnets.

      Delete
  3. Hicks has to appreciate that. Not everyone has sharp eyes like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tongue is even sharper, but Hick does not seem to appreciate it nearly as much...

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't bother telling Hick at all, since you already know he won't sing your praises. Just toss it in the dumpster and sing your own praises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I haven't told him yet. It's a no-reward kind of thing. My wasted breath WOULD be better used in singing my own praises.

      Delete
  5. You could add your services to accident scenes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's a lot of picking up needed there! I could bill by the hour...

      Delete